OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

X-Mark Pro Trigger Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-Mark Pro Trigger Update
    Posted: October/12/2008 at 12:12

I had the smith ajust this thing to 3.2 pounds. It's crisp with no creep and breaks like glass. It's by no means a Jewell but still a pretty good trigger for factor. I think I can live with it now that the 6 pound pull is gone.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 12:48
You mind telling us what the smith charged you for that.... I think mine charged $25.00.
take em!
head hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 15:36
Yours is cheaper mine charged 40. The 6 pound pull verses the 3.2 pound feels like 2 different triggers.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 15:46
mine was free!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 18:06
Yeah, but you're multi-talented pyro!
take em!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 19:25
i know its tough being me some days.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 05:04
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

mine was free!

Do these adjust the same as the older Walker type Remington triggers?
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 08:46
I recently posted a link from a gunsmith who stated that when the X-Mark Pro trigger was adjusted by a competent gunmith, it broke as cleanly as any aftermarkert trigger, including a Jewell. There is no longer the need to replace them with the more expensive aftermarket units.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 08:48
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

I recently posted a link from a gunsmith who stated that when the X-Mark Pro trigger was adjusted by a competent gunmith, it broke as cleanly as any aftermarkert trigger, including a Jewell. There is no longer the need to replace them with the more expensive aftermarket units.

I believe that is true as long as you are NOT looking for target/varmint class weights.. i.e. less than 2 oz.  For normal hunting weights, 3 oz and up, its great!
take em!
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 08:51
Here is the link:

XMark Pro adjustment

An excerpt:[Bold}These triggers (IMO) are every bit as good, and in some ways better, than any of the aftermarket triggers made by Timney, Jewel, and others.

They are not a competition BR trigger, nor were they intended to be...but for all other purposes they are state of the art and the price is EXTREMELY competitive and reasonable.

I would highly recommend them to anyone contemplating replacing the trigger in their Remington.

About the only thing on them I don't particularly care for is the smooth trigger face.[Bold}

Edited by Roy Finn - October/13/2008 at 09:03
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 09:13
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

I believe that is true as long as you are NOT looking for target/varmint class weights.. i.e. less than 2 oz.  For normal hunting weights, 3 oz and up, its great!

I am sure you meant 2lbs and 3lbs????
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 10:20
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

mine was free!

Yes, adjustment is the same, except the sealant Big Green now uses on the screws (especially the sear engagement screw) is a lot tougher to break loose.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 20:10
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

mine was free!

Yes, adjustment is the same, except the sealant Big Green now uses on the screws (especially the sear engagement screw) is a lot tougher to break loose.
yes there sealant is nasty i tried heating it up with a lighter, i finally had to use m.e.k to get it to break loose.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 22:56
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

I am sure you meant 2lbs and 3lbs????

Yes I was!  thanks for catching that 8shots.
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic