OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

factory ammo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2008 at 06:13
You do not need a tumbler to start with. Good old Brasso and a rag with elbow grease gets them shiny too. Or you can shoot them dirty, just wash them in some thinners or soapy water etc to clear out dirt etc.
Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2008 at 19:23
I am a little surprised that you got such a consistent and large shift to the right. I would be very suspect of the scope mounts or changes in how the stock is contacting action or barrel.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2008 at 06:42
Originally posted by Graysteel Graysteel wrote:

I am a little surprised that you got such a consistent and large shift to the right. I would be very suspect of the scope mounts or changes in how the stock is contacting action or barrel.

I considered this, but the one box shoots right where it is supposed to every time, and the next to the right every time.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 10:11
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

Jason, where do you get most of your ammo?

Been buying all of it at my local sporting goods store. Of all people here, maybe you have heard of Dakota Archery and Outdoor Sports?

Have been there many times!  They have some good prices on there .223 ammo - Ultramax 55 gr Soft Point for only 17.99 per box of 50.  My 700 BDL shoots this stuff great!

Dude that runs that place isn't the friendliest though!  Loco    Do you remember when that building was a motorcycle shop?  That's going back a few years.  Have you ever participated in their factory gun test?  I have wanted to do that for several years but can't seem to get there for one.
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic