OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Starmorbi for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Starmorbi for sale
    Posted: October/10/2008 at 22:28
Hello!

I have Zeiss Starmorbi binoculars to sell...

Anyone interested...?

jeffo1966.450 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2008 at 22:32
I have pictures if anyone is interested.    It was given to one of the people I work with (a decommission officer right after WW2) by a german gentleman who could not pay for some debt... That was a long time ago, It has been stored ever since. The german gentleman said it was used on the russian front during the war.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2008 at 22:33
I just need to know how to put pictures on this site
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 03:36
I think you should consider posting this in the "Optics For Sale" forum.

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 06:20
I tried but it said I did not have permission to do that...? Can we put pictures...?

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 06:45
I get the feeling that this is going to be one of the posts that is NOT covered under the umbrella of "almost anything goes".
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 10:35
Originally posted by jeffo1966.450 jeffo1966.450 wrote:

I tried but it said I did not have permission to do that...?

Did it occur to you that there might be a reason for that?

Edited by lucznik - October/11/2008 at 10:35
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 11:46
I'm sorry I do not understand.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 12:10
Welcome to the OT. Stick around and all your problems will be solved in time!

The "For Sale" forum has a restriction based on posts to discourage "day traders".  Have a look at the forum titled "Rules of Engagement"

This is an excerpt:

"This category allows posts only by Optics Apprentice level members (50+ posts) and above. The reason for the posting restriction is that we wanted to avoid the potential problem of people coming in solely for the purpose of selling something, never to return or contribute anything else to the community. This is a service to our members and we don't want to dilute it (or pollute it) with "hit-and-run" posts."

Edited by Dogger - October/11/2008 at 12:12
God save the Empire!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 12:11
The "For Sale" forum is only open to regular users of the forum.  That was designed to prevent various small time optics dealers out there to create a user name just to sell stuff here.  This site is sponsored by SWFA and while private parties are allowed to post items for sale (after they have been here for a little while), making an account just to sell something and then disappear into the night is not encouraged.

Same for pictures: you can only post pictures after you have made a certain number of posts.

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 12:14
Thank you very much for all the answers.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffo1966.450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 12:19
By the way, would you have suggestions where to sell this item which from what I've researched, seems pretty rare.
We want to sell it to have funds for our aircraft restoration project. See link. Is e-Bay the best option...?

http://www.cahc-ccpa.com/bolingbroke.htm
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 13:52
Ebay is probably the easiest way to go.  There are a lot of binoculars posted for sale there.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic