OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bushnell Yardage Pro Laser Scope - Need opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Yardage Pro Laser Scope - Need opinions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2008 at 06:54
Well, I still can't find that article....

BUT, I took a few minutes at Burris's site and believe I can answer one of your questions.  This is a quote from http://www.burrisoptics.com/tech.html
Waterproof Test
All Burris optics are proven to be absolutely waterproof.
Each scope is submerged in water with a temperature of 50° C.
The extremely hot water transfers its heat to the scope and the internal nitrogen expends 100% testing assures quality. 
As for reicle options on trhe Bushnell, I think you are outta luck...they do offer SOME custom reticles, but not for the laser rangefinding scope...quoting from their site:
Custom Reticle Program
Custom reticles are available for adjustable objective Elite‚ riflescopes only on a custom basis. Reticles available by scope model are listed below. To order your custom reticle, mail your scope along with a check for $55.00 to:

Bushnell‚ Elite Riflescopes
Attn: Custom Reticles
8500 Marshall Drive
Lenexa, KS 66214

Your scope will be returned in approximately 6 weeks.
Model Description Reticle (M.O.A.)
32-4124A 4-12 x 40 1/4, 1/2 Dot
42-4164M 4-16 x 40 1/4, 1/2 Dot
42-4165M 4-16 x 50 1/4, 1/2 Dot
42-6244M 6-24 x 40 1/4, 1/2 Dot, Mil Dot
42-8324M 8-32 x 40 1/4, 1/2 Dot, Mil Dot

The Nikon BDC is a "Bullet Drop Compensator" reticle & is their version of the Burris "Ballistic Plex".
More info on the Bussis is here: http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles.html
More info on the Nikon BDC is here: http://nikonsro.com/fileuploads/pdfs/BDC_manual.pdf

For your remaining questions, I suggest you call/email customer service for each of the manufacturers.  It doesn't look like anyone eles has the info you need thus far.

I hope this helps some.
   -Mike
PS I'll keep an eye out at my house for that article.....It's going to bug me until I find it.

God, Country, Family, and Self...
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2008 at 14:57
Thanks man, that is great help.

I really like the exterior look of the Burris and that reticle with the bumps, but their web site is kind of crappy, which kind of makes me wonder of overall quality of the company.

The Bushnell is an ugly looking scope, but the turrets for bullet drop is a really sweet idea.  If it wasn't for the exterior look I would just buy that one.

I will think about it a bit more, but I am leaning towards the Bushnell right now.

Edited by Ick - October/15/2008 at 15:00
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2008 at 20:22
Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

Here is my summary thus far.  A comparison from a magazine would be SWEET.  These prices are for approximation only. At this point I am looking at features and what I am satisfied with.  Search for best pricing comes LATER.

Burris $680.95
Nice look
Remote activation
Can get Mil-dot reticule (I included in price above)

Notes:
A sweet lookng scope

Question:
Is it waterproof?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bushnell $679.99
Looks ugly
remote activation
Waterproof
Bullet Drop Compensator Turrets

Notes:
Bullet Drop Compensator Turrets are SWEET.  Pick your caliber and drop in the turret.  Match yardage on turret to readout and BANG!

Questions:
No reticule options?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikon $899.95
Looks about as ugly as Bushnell
remote activation
watterproof

Notes:

Questions:
No reticule options?
Can you get bullet drop turets?
What is BDC Reticle?
I have the Nikon IRT with Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) reticle.  I have been meaning to review it, but quickly... fast tracking, good-very good glass, dead-on BDC out to 500yd (as far as I have "shot it"), a little heavier than some like, but built in laser rangefinding (which is consistent at +-1yd) is an excellent trade, overall, well worth the money.  It is now on my electrically fired Remington 700 Etronx .220Swift, which is the most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever fired.  Much more accurate than rifles costing 5-7 times as much.  The scope is a good match for it.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 23:18
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa Mustang-PaPa wrote:

Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

Looks like I have to get to FIFTY posts before I can go back and fix all my stupid errors in this thread.  Sorry fellas.  Guss you will have to put up with it till I get to 50.
Are you gonna get all 50 post on this thread? LOL
  Big%20Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2008 at 14:56

Eat your heart out ladies.  Bought my scope yesterday.  Sort of related------> Finished my Halloween costume too.  More on that later.

Wow is this Fabrique National FNAR weapon system sweet.  At this point I think it will be forever a "safe queen", but perhaps I will eventually get up the gaul to fire a few rounds.

I did in fact buy a Bushnell Yardagepro 4-12x42

This scope has three features that are absolutely phenomenal.

1. It has in integrated Laser Rangefinder.  Unreal.  If you haven't played with one of these, try it.  You will never by another kind of scope again.
2. It has bullet drop compensation turrets that replace the standard turrets.  Just match your ballistics and there are visible notches right on the turret that shows actual yardage numbers....

3. PLUS, it has a wireless trigger remote to activate the range finder.  I have it located right by the location of where my thumb would go.

The low profile of the scope is PERFECT for the rail on the FNAR.

I went as a RIOT policeman to a local charity masquerade ball.  I am NOT a policeman.  I made a shield from wood, plexi-glass, and the word POLICE on my printer put on the face of the shield.  I covered an old helmet with some kind of stretchy fabric from one of those sewing stores, and shazaam!  Instant riot gear.

Sorry, cell phone camera.  Crappy picture.  You can see I made two of everything.... one for a friend of mine.

I took some of those elements from the costume and took some FNAR pictures.  Again, I am NOT a policeman.  Enjoy.

Edited by Ick - October/31/2008 at 14:59
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2008 at 14:59
What do you mean it is going to be a safe queen??  That is no place for a gun.  We need some range reports on that baby.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mikew View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2008 at 15:28
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

What do you mean it is going to be a safe queen??  That is no place for a gun.  We need some range reports on that baby.

+1 Yippee
God, Country, Family, and Self...
Kent E View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2008 at 21:30
Bump! How is this scope? And more importantly answer the above questionSmile
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2008 at 14:55
no testing yet.  I dread going to the range with all the deer hunters there.  It was kina odd with the one guy all in a snit with the semi-auto rounds when we were having fun.

Obviously he was of the opinion that nobody should own an M4.

If I get up the gall or leave the office during the day....perhaps.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2008 at 15:28
Just tell him to piss off.  The second ain't about hunting and you have just as much right to have whatever gun you want as he has to use what ever he wants.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2008 at 16:07
" Anybody hear from Ick lately?? "

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2008 at 16:19
uhh, he just posted a couple hours ago.

Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2008 at 13:14
Still haven't tested it yet.  I had good weather the other day but had other stuff going on.  Perhaps the next intersection of good weather and a Saturday.  We shall see.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 08:59
Ick,
Have you tested this scope yet? Whats the deal e o?

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 09:47
There has been snow here since December 1 and I am a big wuss.

I did try it out a window at my house, it measures up to 800 yards as far as I can tell. I don't have a clear view beyond that for the range finder.

I have it on my FNAR now, waiting for nicer weather for range time.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 09:48
Suck it up Ick and go outside and shoot. LOL
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 09:58
Perhaps if I had a n attractive gal to keep me warm.....

When I do go, I wanted to do some video to capture the effectiveness of the FNAR semi-auto aspect.  A few questions and the setup. in a minute...

Edited by Ick - February/25/2009 at 09:59
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2009 at 10:10
What I wanted was this.

1. Setup in prone using bi-pod attachment.
2. Loaded 20 round mag.
3. Targets at 100 yards.
4. Camera directly behind me with 20 targets in the distance.
5. Fire 20 rounds, hit 20 targets in succession that can be readily seen by the camera.

I have ZERO experience trying to document on a range this type of thing.  Perhaps you guys have experience with that sort of thing?

Having watched a ton of Youtube videos of guys with their firearms at a range.... clearly many are cheezy, and few are well done.  I want to fall into the "quality presentation" category.

I am inexperienced at long-range shots.  All of my other scopes and weapons I own I have only shot at much shorter distances.  Obviously I will need to sight the weapon and pick a day with low windage.

A few questions:
---What kind of target can I set-up down range at 100 yards that the camera will be able to see explode from behind me, the shooter?  Will 2 litre bottles of water work?

---What magnificaiton should I have my yardage-pro at to deliver 20 hits at 100 yards in succession?

---If I can do it, I would like to feature the semi-auto aspect of the FNAR to deliver 20 accurate shots down-range in a quick but controlled succession?  Any advice?
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 15:09
Nobody has any suggestions?
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2009 at 15:30
I have zero experience with this as well, but you will need a reactive target for sure to show on video.  100 yds should not present a challenge once you have the rifle/scope dialled in.  Not sure how the range might feel about your suggested target though.  You will have to get their concurrence first.  If ok with them don't see why 2 litre water bottles (use red dye for greater affect) wouldn't work and give you the visual you want
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic