OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Want to brag on Walther

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want to brag on Walther
    Posted: October/07/2008 at 16:12
I was at the range this weekend shooting my guns and the front sight on my walther P22 came off durring the day. I called Walther today and they just took my address and name, then told me ones in the mail. No questions or explanations. I just see alot of bad CS reports on here and decided to post a very positive one.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 16:49

Excellent

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 17:41

Nice to hear good news for a change.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 18:13
Thank you!! Glad they took care of you.  
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 19:40
Kudos to Walther Excellent ...anybody else have a great ( or not so great) customer service experience that warrants  posting . It's good to hear when a OEM does it right....or "makes it right" after the fact ...or a"heads up" to keep an eye out for a company that needs a close watch.

I had 2 not so great experiences worthy of comment  -- One w/Nikon ( tried to charge me for a repair on an erector assembly to a 3 week old Monarch) .It took 3 months to clear up , and when I got it back -the scope bell had a fresh chip in it. On the plus side, it now sits on a Vanguard 30/06 and functions perfectly...... The other was with Leupold- yes Leupold. I bought a new Vari-X II 2-7 to put on what was my 10 yr old's first deer rifle. The magnification power ring was too "tight" for him to turn . Heck, an adult could barely turn it. Leupold cs said to return it , and they would check it out. I got it back a month later - supposedly repaired. However- I couldn't tell any difference in the effort needed to adjust the magnification .A call back to Leupy, and I was told" it is what it is, cause if it's too easy to turn- than it wouldn't be as well made" ???Loco Huh- guess my Swarovski is junk then. It now resides on my Father's 30/30 Marlin , but he at 69 is now can BARELY turn it ( just leaves it at 3x and that seems to work for him ).

Good CS-- besides SWFA hooking me up on a sample list item after I was a bit too slow to grab a discontinued Monarch .. I also pony'd up and decided to get a Custom Shop Weatherby Sporter. In a word- they were "fantastic". I kept it simple ( matte 26 inch fluted 300 wby, no "gold engraved " anything, in a satin sporter stock with contrasting tip . I even got a slight price break, and in about  2 months or so it arrived at my FFL. After about 3 weeks ,I already had 2 follow up calls to see if it arrived okay, and to confirm --How'd she shoot? "

Half the deal is the feel of the wheel -- A little extra effort and some good follow up goes along way and earns loyalty ! I try to practice it every day in what I do for a living , and love to do business with those that also do the same....Well- off my soap box-Soap%20Box..Look forward to hearing what other experiences folks have had......

Edited by martin3175 - October/07/2008 at 20:13
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2008 at 12:57
I had a Nikon EII binocular that i loved. The rubber covering started to peel and i sent it for repairs. It came back after 3 weeks glued with Duco cement or something. Within 10 minutes of using them the rubber peeled off again. I could see that Nikon did not clean the old glue underneath. I did, and used acra gel or such epoxy to glue them. I will not be using Nikon binoculars again.
I've had repairs done by Swarovski and Leica - nothing major. Fast, well done, no questions asked.  
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2008 at 12:58
Oh, and i had a Vortex spotting scope delivered broken - probably trashed in transit. Vortex replaced it in less than a week.
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2008 at 19:09
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

I had a Nikon EII binocular that i loved. The rubber covering started to peel and i sent it for repairs. It came back after 3 weeks glued with Duco cement or something. Within 10 minutes of using them the rubber peeled off again. I could see that Nikon did not clean the old glue underneath. I did, and used acra gel or such epoxy to glue them. I will not be using Nikon binoculars again.
I've had repairs done by Swarovski and Leica - nothing major. Fast, well done, no questions asked.  

A Nikon trend?
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2016 at 06:55
Send a PM to 8shots or Glock on this forum....they are our Roving Reporters in South Africa.

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2016 at 06:56
        Roll on Floor Laughing

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/01/2016 at 14:26
incidentally, I shot a Walther P22 a few years ago from some feller in the next booth ( or whatever ) at a shooting range....the gun stove-piped a few rounds....  Shocked

.....never had that problem with.....umm.....revolvers!!   Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic