OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Crossfire - Any Opinion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TominCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Crossfire - Any Opinion?
    Posted: October/07/2008 at 11:01
I want to scope a Savage 22 Magnum and was thinking of a Vortex Crossfire in 2 - 7

Does anyone have any experience with Vortex Crossfires. They seem like a good value at less than $100.

I have Leupold VX3, Ziess Conquests, Nikon Monarch and Weaver KV scopes and wonder how Vortex would compare so I can get an idea where to put the crossfire line on the quality scale.

I don't expect it to match the others but would like to get some idea what its like.

Thanks

Tom
Tom in CA
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 11:34
Originally posted by TominCA TominCA wrote:

I want to scope a Savage 22 Magnum and was thinking of a Vortex Crossfire in 2 - 7

Does anyone have any experience with Vortex Crossfires. They seem like a good value at less than $100.

I have Leupold VX3, Ziess Conquests, Nikon Monarch and Weaver KV scopes and wonder how Vortex would compare so I can get an idea where to put the crossfire line on the quality scale.

I don't expect it to match the others but would like to get some idea what its like.

Thanks

Tom
...........Not too many, if any at all, Vortex Crossfire owners on this site. I too fall into that category.

In looking over the specs and the quality of the Crossfire, its a good deal for a $100 and shouldn`t be any problem sitting atop a 22 magnum. No recoil issues to deal with. I see no reason not to get one.

Like you state, it won`t compare to your other scopes listed above. 
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 12:06
If you end up getting one...let us know what you think.  I've looked at them, but I have the same concern that ya'll do.  I would also say it would do fine on a .22 mag.
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 13:27

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10973
For the 2x7 Diamondback comparison
TominCA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TominCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 14:00
Thanks - EXCELLENT comparison on the above link! - After reading it maybe I'll spring for another $60 and get a Weaver KV - The smudge inside and sensitive eye position scares me!
Tom in CA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic