OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Older Tasco era super sniper scopes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoLaneBlackTop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Older Tasco era super sniper scopes.
    Posted: October/06/2008 at 19:59
It has been awhile since I last purchased a decent rifle scope (last scope was a Ziess Conquest 4.4-14x50 with tactical style knobs, mil-dot reticule, I sold that scope, it was very nice and clear as can be.... Why did I sell that again??? ooops.)

Anyways, I am looking at buying scopes for my casual bench rest/varmint hunting rifle, and for my M1A. I have always liked the Super Sniper scopes and I have already decided that is the route I will be going on at least one of the rifles, and maybe both.  A fellow not to far from me has a older Tasco era super sniper he would sell, and I was wondering if the older era Tasco marketed scopes are as good as the current crop by SWFA? Have any design revisions taken place during the time SWFA has owned the rights to the scope? Are thr quality of materials and construction as good on the oldder scopes as they are top notch on SWFA's product. 
dockstar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 21:18
i have a old tasco scope that has a window on it that has the name of the animales you arehunting. where can i find infor ot it ty
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 21:25
I'd be willing to bet that it isn't as good as the new Super Sniper from SWFA. I don't personally have one, but I'm sure the guys that do will bring in their experience with them. Also, Dockstar, its impolite to ask your question on another persons thread that has nothing to pertain to their question. If you have questions, start your own thread buddy it'll help get more eyes on it for an answer.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

dockstar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 21:28
i am so sorry new to this .but thank you .didnt mean to be rude at all.
LRSMike View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Slightly Stoopid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRSMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 21:33
Hey man its all good! I know I was lost when I first got here. I don't mean to come off the wrong way either. But I guarantee you will get more looks on your question if you started a post strictly for it. Welcome to the OT! You will find alot of knowledgeable individuals on this forum, and some classy individuals.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

And those who don’t know and never try, never will.

dockstar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2011 at 21:37
you fine it was me that did it and you were good for telling me
z71rat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z71rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2011 at 19:36
To answer you question... I have to ask you one... Why would you?? The current SS line of scopes are super nice, and still at a really great price for what you are getting!! Unless the guy is "giving it away", just go buy a new current production model. You can come back and thank us later!!

DK
Savage Arms - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - SilencerCo - Molon Labe!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic