OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Which bino? $700-$900

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schling_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which bino? $700-$900
    Posted: October/05/2008 at 22:59
 Hey guys looking at new glass and would like to hear your guys' opinions.
A few that I'm considering: 10X42 Vortex Razors, 10X42 Burris Euro Diamonds, 10X42 Leupold gold rings, 10X40 Zeiss conquest or victorys.  This is a huge investment for me and I want to make sure I do all the homework to find the best in that price range. Thanks again
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 07:49
Look at the Meoptas, they may be the best bino in the sub $1000.00 range.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 09:58
+1 on the Meopta Meostars.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
schling_us View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schling_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 10:26
 Thanks guys, I've heard nothing butgood things about Meopta.. but I live in Bismarck and there isn't anybody that caries them here and before i spend $900 on glass I'd like to see them first if you know what I mean.
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 11:40
Or order from someone who would take them back if you don't like them.

Chris in NorCal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris in NorCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 12:24

While deer and bear hunting on Trinity Lake here in Norcal I used a pair of Pentax 10x43. I would not hesitate to buy them again. Great glass!! The big plus is we were able to glass for hours on end with NO eye strain.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 16:23
The Meopta Meostars are VERY nice, but I personally prefer the Vortex Razors.  Optically, they are very comparable.  You probably won't find one to be superior to the other optically.  However, for my money, Vortex has a better warranty, better customer service, I think the Razor's eyecups are superior, and it's about $100 less.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2008 at 18:11
I feel like I am starting to really prefer the sub $1000 roof prism bins in the price versus performance curve. With that thought in mind here are my favorite bins in that, and a little bit below, that price range....

Previously mentioned..

..Meopta Meostars
Vortex Razors

...along with....

Bushnell Elite
Minox HGs
Pentax EDs
Zeiss Conquest ABK

..and the new..

Promaster Elite ELX ED
Hawke Optics Frontier ED

The last two are significantly less expensive than most of the others but might actually be optically superior in several key areas. I haven't had some of those bins on hand for some time so I am going by memory here. However, I do/have had the Swaro ELs, the Zeiss FLs, the Nikon SE and the Meopta Meostar to compare them with directly. They fair very, very well in direct comparison to those bins.
Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic