OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rings for a Monarch 2.5x10x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cypressrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rings for a Monarch 2.5x10x42
    Posted: October/01/2008 at 14:01

This is my first post I have really enjoyed reading the great info the forum has.

Now for my question I have a remington 700 adl SA 6mm. It has a Leupold one piece base mount on it. My wife just got me a new nikon monarch 2.5x10x42 to go on it. Only thing I am not real sure what size Leupold rings I need for it. short, med, tall ?

A big thanks for any help

Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 14:37
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 14:38
Low Ring Ht for scopes up to 44 mm objective with standard barrel contour. Medium Ring Ht for scopes up to 50 mm objective with standard barrel contour. High Ring Ht for scopes with a 56 mm objective with standard barrel contour. Ex-High Ring Ht for large objective scopes with heavy contour barrels and single shot rifles.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 14:50
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Low Talley 1" LightWeight Aluminum Rings.

An excellent recommendation, Sir.

Welcome to Optics Talk, cypressrat!
Which reticle did you get on the Monarch?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 14:57
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Low Ring Ht for scopes up to 44 mm objective with standard barrel contour. Medium Ring Ht for scopes up to 50 mm objective with standard barrel contour. High Ring Ht for scopes with a 56 mm objective with standard barrel contour. Ex-High Ring Ht for large objective scopes with heavy contour barrels and single shot rifles.
Quoting My self here this chart is only for Talley rings and if you have the thicker Bushwacker Lens caps that come with the Monarch's now you may want to go with medium. If you would rather stick with Leupold then Medium also but, for only $10 more I say TALLEY. Then just store the Leupold mount away for extra.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 14:59

The one-piece construction of the Talley Lightweight Alloy Scope Mount is unique. The rigid design has no joint between the scope and the rifle. The Talley Lightweight unitized design eliminates the possibility of an "out of alignment" interface or "loose connection" between the ring and base of traditional two-piece designs.

cypressrat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cypressrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 16:48

Thanks for the reply's guys

Growing up all you would hear is redfield bases and rings if it was not steel you did not want it. That is kind of my mind set today That is all I know. With all the new mounts and rings today it can get confusing real fast. Thanks for sharing the info on the talley mounts I will take a look at them.

Cheaptrick It has the Nikoplex reticle on it

Thanks Cypressrat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic