OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Why NOT vote Libertarian??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 21:21
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

I believe we need to vote for the one we believe will at least THINK about what we are concerned about.  Obama we know will not, With McCain you can limit his power with keeping on our Senators and Representatives. We really need to stay in our Representatives and Senators faces. Hey, my Senators and Representative know my phone number. I rattle their cages all the time. 

Thunbs%20Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 21:22
I will vote my conscience, and as far as I am concerned our 2nd amendment rights are not the only thing at stake here. There is a very troubling trend coming from our republican leaders. This trend is to shout about being pro-gun. Many will vote just on this issue alone, granted it,s one of the most important issues at hand. The fact is, however the party is rapidly losing it's roots. They will continually bastardize our constitution to suit their political ambitions. They want to even further devalue the dollar. They want to use programs and such to try and secure a voting base. Worst of all is that we are now voting for the lesser of evils, because they know we will, so they aren't giving us candidates that truly reflect what our values are. The way it is right now, the only difference between the two parties is the democrats will get us there quicker. Either way we wind up in the same place.
You change this by making a statement. They all want political longevity, so use your vote to tell them that the choice of candidates isn't what you want. The dems are learning this lesson, they are more and more swinging to the green party philosophy. Why is that? Because the green party has cost them elections. If we do not learn from this and take a stand right now and make our displeasure well known then we will not win, EVER.  
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 05:14
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Why not just vote for Obama and admit it?  Because a vote for Bob Barr is a vote for Obama.  Any vote not for McCain is a vote for Obama.

Really?
I feel at this point a vote for McCain is just a vote for Obama in the end. The results will be basically the same. Two sides of the same coin.
Not much differance between the two, if you ask me. And you did. Wink

Oh, and the fact that one wears an "R" jersey and the other a "D" jersey not withstanding.....Shocked   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 05:20
Originally posted by lucznik lucznik wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I've just grown weary of voting  for the "lesser of two evils"

Adding a third "evil" into the mix isn't going to help anything.

So don't vote at all or what?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 05:26

Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Worst of all is that we are now voting for the lesser of evils, because they know we will, so they aren't giving us candidates that truly reflect what our values are. The way it is right now, the only difference between the two parties is the democrats will get us there quicker. Either way we wind up in the same place.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 06:38
Yippee I WON, I WON!!!!!!!! Jump%20and%20Spin

Whatever UH............What did I win?????

Cyborg
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:00

I think McCain would certainly be different from the Democrats.  I always thought that he could not always be trusted on the gun issue, but generally he was conservative. 

Obama and Biden with a Democratic Congress would be the end of America as we know it!!  We might as well get ready for a fight or start turning in our guns.  Once they start shoving a couple of judges on the Supreme Court we will be in The Politically Correct States of America and Oprah and Barbra Streisand will be dictating our new direction.  

You will have NO GUN RIGHTS with the Dems.......with McCain you will have what we have now.......until some more wackos go on another rampage.....

Well, that's my opinion..... voting for a third party is just a FRUSTRATION VOTE....something to do so that one can later say:  " I didn't vote for EITHER one of them"......but the vote didn't really COUNT in the Real World.  It'll just be a statistic for Charlie Gibson to discuss with all of his Democratic celebrity pals on TV after the election.....with that phony ass grin of his........(did I tell you that I dislike that jerk enormously?)

Bucky
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:05
As much as I wish it wasn't so..there may be 3 or more  items on the menu, the reality of it is that the chef will only prepare one of the 2 items most everybody asks for ....McCain or Obama...and there is NO way in hell I am voting for Obama-nation
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:06
You think so huh? What about McCain Feingold? That alone would make it even harder for third parties to home in on that treasured political longevity that they so dearly want. It would target talk radio. Basically they could then do whatever they want without ramifications as a party. THINK ABOUT THAT.

Cyborg
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:10
Well, 8shots will tell you how many parties they have in South Africa....about TWO DOZEN!  Who wins?   The ANC!    Basically they have a ONE PARTY country now....
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:13

Guys, I’m not going to tell you how to vote or who to even vote for “McCain”, but ether way when we vote for “McCain”  I don’t think “we the people” will be truly happy with “McCain” or any other person in office no matter what they say or do. There is no way possible for anyone in office to please every one it is not going to happen. I agree “McCain” is the lesser of the two evils but why should “we the people” settle for this? How can we the people have let this happen? I agree that the lesbian tree hugging tofu eating welfare taking low life good for nothing waste of air people that truly believe in Obama and this so called change he is going to bring is very very bad, but how can we the people be getting screwed from both parties? How did “we the people” let it get this far and “we the people” say lesser of two evils for an office that “we the people” are supposed to elect? It jus boggles my mind on how “we the people” have let this country fall from the greatness it once was trying to make everyone happy. I love this country I always have and always will but things have got to change. These elected officials need to go back to working for the “we the people” and not there hidden agendas.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:36
In my stupid opinion, it's because everyone is voting for his pocketbook or his JOB or his pile of poker chips, and does not give a sh*t what THEY are doing to this nation and the court system!!!   So you wind up with a bunch of wackos running this lumbering, corrupt, bankrupt machine!!!   Could a BUSINESS MAN run a business like the Government does?? 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:38
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Well, 8shots will tell you how many parties they have in South Africa....about TWO DOZEN!  Who wins?   The ANC!    Basically they have a ONE PARTY country now....
The difference is they have a DEMOCRACY, we do not, atleast we aren't supposed to. We have three parties here. The Republicrats, the Libertarians, and the Green party. All are supposed to be governed by our CONSTITUTION which is what is supposed to protect our own INDIVIDUAL interests. Remember this the term INDIVIDUAL, or EACH is strongly used in the CONSTITUTION. That is what FREEDOM is all about.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 07:41
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

In my stupid opinion, it's because everyone is voting for his pocketbook or his JOB or his pile of poker chips, and does not give a sh*t what THEY are doing to this nation and the court system!!!   So you wind up with a bunch of wackos running this lumbering, corrupt, bankrupt machine!!!   Could a BUSINESS MAN run a business like the Government does?? 
So we reward this behavior by voting for them because the other guy scares the bejesus out of us? No wonder they hold us in such low regard.

Cyborg
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 08:05
We reward the Reformers who want to change things by not voting for them....because there are not ENOUGH people to support their little tee-nitsy party....
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 08:19
There is no differance?

The nut case in IRAN, who do you want?

Capital Gains Tax, who do you want?

Putin, who do you want?

Supreme Court? Would we have gotten Heller if Al Gore or poodle Kerry was president?

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 08:21
Im voting Republican. Always have, always will. I'll have to vote absentee ballot this year though while Im in the hospital.
See you guys later. Im going to leave yall alone now. Sorry for any problems or riffs I have caused.
Going back to the doctor for a spell. Bye.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 08:23
Originally posted by Optimus Prime Optimus Prime wrote:

Im voting Republican. Always have, always will. I'll have to vote absentee ballot this year though while Im in the hospital.
See you guys later. Im going to leave yall alone now. Sorry for any problems or riffs I have caused.
Going back to the doctor for a spell. Bye.
I hope all goes well for you OP. Get better soon.

Cyborg
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 08:24
O-P

We do wish you well at the doc.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 08:32
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

There is no differance?

The nut case in IRAN, who do you want?

Capital Gains Tax, who do you want?

Putin, who do you want?

Supreme Court? Would we have gotten Heller if Al Gore or poodle Kerry was president?

Oh there's a difference alright, the dems will get us to the lowest level of Hades faster. In the end the republicans will get us there too, just not as fast.

I guess nothing has changed in more than 200 years. The founding fathers had to go against the "Popular" train of thought to acheive freedom. SOSDD
You go ahead and get nasty, and try to label if you desire to. If you have to use tactics that only illustrates your invalid opinion.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic