OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Deadly force justified or not? (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deadly force justified or not? (video)
    Posted: September/30/2008 at 10:52
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:02
In the words of Clint Eastwood (paraphrased), well he should have armed himself if he decided to punch an armed man. 
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:03

Yes. I feel strongly the officer did the right thing. If the guy would have just got out laid on the ground and the office shot him that would be one thing but he got out and punched the officer. When he struck the officer I feel that all resources available should have been used even if it is a gun. I hate the guy died but I don’t feel the least bit sorry for him. He should have obeyed the authority. I will agree the authority is wrong at times and do things out of fear but in this case the officer seem to have kept a level head and explained everything that happened on the video. If he was scared or in fear his memory wouldn’t have been as clear.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:10
These flipping activists.  If the black guy would have knocked him out and took his gun and used it to shoot the cop, the maybe at that point it would have been okay for the cop to jump up take his gun back and shoot the perp.  But he probably should just tase him at that point.  Whatever
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:12

So we have a guy running from the police, hit & run, drugs in his system, violently resisting arrest and physically intimidating.  Don't feel sorry for him at all.

All those with there own agendas and dislike of the police will now attempt to make this look like a racially motivated incident. 

Feel sorry for what the officer will now have to go through.

God save the Empire!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:13
Seeing as how the cop figured that he was going to lose consciousness shortly, he had no idea what that suspect would then be capable of doing........he didn't even know WHO they were.....bank robbers, serial killers, or just joy-riding.....but when a big guy is perhaps beating someone to death.....well, shoot the son of a bitch.....sorry.... 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:26
I can see it now

Court room setting

old black lady on the stand who was Derick Jones's auntie growing up "but Derick was such a good little boy growing up, he would never hurt a anyone.  He had so much potential."

Defending Officer Attorney "But mam he was involved in a hit and run, then ran from the cops, then resisted arrest and then struck an officer multiple times. "

old lady "Well that is because the officer forced him to act like that.  If he would not have tried to pull him over and arrest him it never would have happened.  It was just harassment of a black man"

Attorney  "So you believe the officer was in the wrong because he was doing his job?"

old lady  "Yes, that is all cops do is harass black people and force us to do these things.  If it wasn't for these harassing cops then Derick would have moved on through this phase and someday would have become a good man."  But now he is dead just because he attacked a police officer and resisted arrest.  lord have mercy"

Attorney " Umm, okay then.  No further questions."

Edited by supertool73 - September/30/2008 at 11:27
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:34
Definitely justified.

Just how many times is a Police Officer supposed to allow himself to be hit before he is justified in defending himself?

Of course, I'm kind of way far right wing on this issue.  I get really tired of high speed chases, etc. that place the community (including me and my family) at risk.   If you went around randomly shooting in the air on a crowded street, you would be shot and no one would claim it a bad shooting.   How is driving a 2-ton vehicle recklessly any different?

Personally, I think that if you run from the Police, especially in a car or other dangerous vehicle, they should be able to shoot you.  After a couple of those, people would think twice about their instinct to hit the gas when they see the red and blue lights.
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:40
Originally posted by lucznik lucznik wrote:

Definitely justified.

Personally, I think that if you run from the Police, especially in a car or other dangerous vehicle, they should be able to shoot you.  After a couple of those, people would think twice about their instinct to hit the gas when they see the red and blue lights.
 AMEN.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 11:46
From what I can see, it is absolutely justified. The only injustice is that there would even be any notion of an unjust act by the policeman. The bigger agenda is that, if an officer of the law can't protect the public, what right do you have to protect yourself?   
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 12:19
one less puke on the street.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 13:05
..................I would like to interject here that one time long ago I ran from the police and jumped a curb and quickly switched off my lights to escape being caught by a cop while my girlfriend and I hurriedly got dressed................Roll%20Eyes.................I'm glad he wasn't shooting at us...................
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 13:31
Different kind of shooting Ed....
God save the Empire!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 14:06

Bucky
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 14:22
When someone attacks an officer, the assumption is they are going after his gun. Justified
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 15:21
One things for sure.  The guys death saved a lot of tax payer dollars in medical expenses.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 15:29
Originally posted by ckk1106 ckk1106 wrote:

One things for sure.  The guys death saved a lot of tax payer dollars in medical expenses.
and court costs.
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 00:09
Justified. He probably should have zapped him with the taser at the first sign of hostility and non compliance then the situation wouldnt have gotten to the point where he had no choice but to shoot. When these things go down it happens so quickly that you dont have time to think. Afterward everyone who has hours to think about it will second guess you.
Lucky he wasnt border patrol.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 21:50
I just can't believe his Dept. is saying the officer was not justified before going to the Grand Jury. Talk about poisoning the community. This officer had better higher his own attorny now.
Under our force continuim, the officer was justified. The suspect was larger, stronger, and younger, he also initiated the assault striking the officer 3 times in the face without an attempt to escape. The suspect was trying to cause serious physical injury to the officer.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic