OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HELP! Broken Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Broken Scope
    Posted: September/29/2008 at 11:04
Chris/Brady:

Gentlemen:

I am in dire need of some help.  After being bedridden almost two years and finally getting out to the range to shoot, disaster struck.   As I was walking down to put up a target, some "friends" looked at my rifle stood it up against the table and it somehow slid over and fell to the asphault.  It hit the scope adjustments and the tip of the barrel.  I them shot 3 rounds that didn't even hit a 2 foot target at 25 yards!  The gunsmith that had mounted it had moved so I took it to another one at the store I had purchased the gun from.  He said he was able to adjust it sideways but not up and down.  Help!  It shot 3//4 MOA on a bad day and I was working it up for 1000 yards before my shooting was stopped.  I had shot at most 100 rounds through it.  It was as near perfect as I would have ever wanted.  It is a Remington 700, bull barrel, with work done on trigger and muzzel.  I bought the E.X.O.T.I.C. Scope (-a perfect scope  I love it) and Badger rings and mount from you about 3 1/2 years ago-yes I know, the warrantee is out but I want it fixed-I don't want another scope, I want this one. Where do I go frome here?  I have the original box, packing and papers.  Thank you both in advance. 

Jimbo

jim
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2008 at 17:18
That is a major bummer man. So much for "friends" don't they realize that what you have can't be replaced or is just jealousy? My knuckles would have been very bloody, a true friend would realize he deserved it.
I am not sure that there's anything that can be done. To the best of my knowledge no one has heard anything from X.O.T.I.C. in quite a while. I'm sure everyone here wishes you the very best of luck though.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
jimbo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2008 at 10:46

cyborg:

Thanks for your response and concern.  Appreciate it.  As soon as I can, I will attempt to work on it and hope to maybe correct whatever problem it may have.  Again, thanks.

jimbo
jim
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 01:39
Man I hate to hear that happened to you. If it had been a Super Sniper you could probably pick it up dust it off and keep shooting so you might want a 10x Super Sniper for the next scope.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 13:12
+++++ on the SS recommendation
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic