OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.223 or .308?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2008 at 23:49
Yep.  Mithran is exactly right.  Welcome to Commiefornia.

Mithran and mike650, we should get together some time.  We are in the same state after all.

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 07:52
thats the dumbest things ive heard, what does a thumbhole have to do with anything? its not like it makes the rifle magically more dangerous you know what i mean
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 07:56
It's a matter of doing anything to regulate something. It's a deterent and causes also added expense so more tax revenue.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 13:24
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

thats the dumbest things ive heard, what does a thumbhole have to do with anything? its not like it makes the rifle magically more dangerous you know what i mean

Pyro, California gun laws are stupid to the extreme.  Our left wing brethren are so dumb that they are more afraid of the rifle itself than of me wielding it.  How does a pistol grip make it more lethal?  How about collapsible stock? how does that make it more lethal?  Take a look at calguns.org some time if you are interested in this idiocy.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 13:40
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Yep.  Mithran is exactly right.  Welcome to Commiefornia.

Mithran and mike650, we should get together some time.  We are in the same state after all.

ILya

Sounds great!!!  Thunbs%20Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 20:28
Aren't Arnold's movies full of weapons with pistol grips that stick conspiscously below the stock and have extended magazines ??? Loco

Edited by martin3175 - October/03/2008 at 20:28
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2008 at 23:05
Naturally, but the rules only apply to the common folk. Not the elites. you can bet he has a few in his personal collection as well. He and the other libs just don't want you to have them. Shocked 
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2008 at 21:54

I think they included the "collapsible" stock because its more concealable.  Mind you I'm not agreeing with them!

take em!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 20:23
It's Nucking Futs!!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 20:43
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

I think they included the "collapsible" stock because its more concealable.  Mind you I'm not agreeing with them!

Just as a matter of curiosity, how exactly do you imagine concealing a heavy barrel AR-15 on your body? and how is making the stock 2 inches shorter helping with that endeavor?

Flash hiders are also considered to be an "evil" feature, by the way.

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 20:52
flash hiders are evil most places that im aware of unless you posess a class III fll i think
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 21:01
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

flash hiders are evil most places that im aware of unless you posess a class III fll i think

Huh???
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 21:04
flash supressors, they are illegal to use for hunting in most states.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 21:10
or am i thinking of silencers?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 21:17
you are thinking of silencers.  Flash hiders are perfectly legal in freer states.

ILya
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 21:44
Flash hiders are legal in Ky.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2008 at 23:29

Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

Just as a matter of curiosity, how exactly do you imagine concealing a heavy barrel AR-15 on your body? and how is making the stock 2 inches shorter helping with that endeavor?

Flash hiders are also considered to be an "evil" feature, by the way.

ILya

Just to continue the dialoge..... I'm 6'1/2" and weigh about 240 - a little on the think side.  If I put on a trench coat and then try to hide something under it - its pretty noticeable.  However, someone 6' and weighs in at say 160 and he puts on the same coat - not to hard to cover up a collapsible stock AR.  I think this is how the f**ktard that shot up our Von Maur here in Omaha got the gun in (not sure if it was collapsible).  I understand the logic of it - But I'm still APPOSED to outlawing it!!!!!!

Interestingly, this sort of came up during the debate tonight while I watched it with my family.  My 14 yr old wouldn't vote for Obama because he isn't Pro-life.  I told him that in today's culture, deciding who to vote for President maybe shouldn't be decided on just one thing.  I told him I would vote for McCain for about 5 - 10 different reasons.  During this discussion, gun control came up.  My kid was all well and good with "black" guns being banded - cause we don't need those to hunt with.  He brought up the Von Muar incident as proof.  So we had a nice talk about our forefathers and why they put the "right to bear arms" deal in there.  It wasn't for hunting, but for being able to protect ourselves from our own Gov't if needed!

You have to also keep in mind, that someone wearing a trench coat here - other than during the summer - doesn't look odd or suspicious........ it gets freakin cold here!!!!
take em!
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2008 at 01:25

ILya

We should PM on the way.
Fight Smarter
Not Harder
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2008 at 11:58
Suppressors aren't evil or illegal (except in California - where everything is illegal.)  They are great fun and quite adept at taking game without causing too much noise pollution.  Noise pollution is bad, polluting the environment and whatnot.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
defmoon View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defmoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2008 at 11:38
like one of the other guys said it depends on what you plan on doing with it. the 308 has alot more stopping power and better accuracy at longer ranges. but the ammo cost more almost twice as much as the 223. the 308 is aslo more dependable the the ar15
i love shooting, buy im not a gun wizz, but i know a little, its my job
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic