OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Buying Firearms Online

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying Firearms Online
    Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:09
Has anyone every bought firearms online like from gunsamerica or gunbroker.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:14
Gunbroker--Maybe 10 times ...not too bad ..register with them ..buy ..pay by whatever means the seller prefers...Get your FFL info faxed or sent with payment....Firearm sent to your FFL ...and pick it there and do your in state paperwork ( keep in mind that not all guns can be sent to all states --check your local laws FIRST )
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:27
I've had great luck with both gun broker & guns america, both are great.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
head hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:38
That is great news to hear. I just order a remington from a seller on guns america. It was to be shipped out last friday to my FFL. It just aint got here yet I was just a little worried. Maybe I'm just too excited. I sure would like to get my hands on here if you know what I mean.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:41
OK so I cant spell that was get my hands on her not here. It's been a long night I'm a 3RD shifter. You all will have to look over me some mornings.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:45
Long guns are just shipped UPS ground in most cases so they take a litte while.  Handguns have to be shipped overnight.  I would request a tracking number if I were you so you could see what it going on.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 09:51
That's a good ideal. I order it out of Nebrassca and it is shipping to Kentucky. You would think three or four days would be enuff. I probably shouldnt get to worry for a few more days.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 10:05
According to the UPS ground map it should take 3 days. 

U.S. Ground Map Results
Business days in transit from: LINCOLN, NE 68501 Printer-friendly  

US%20Time%20in%20Transit%20Map

Service Map colors may vary due to differences in hardware and software. This map is a general representation of UPS Ground transit times. For service availability and to calculate the delivery time for a package shipped between a specific origin and destination worldwide, Calculate Time & Cost.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 10:14
Not gunbroker but I buy all the time from Bud's Gun Shop. Other than taking forever to ship (2-7 business days) they're absolutely fantastic and usually have the best prices. The other online place I buy from is Davidson's. Their prices while excellent usually can't compete with Bud's but they ship next business day and throw in a lifetime warranty of their own. And once in a while, like for a Ruger 10/22 or a Browning Buck Mark they (Davidson's) will be much lower.

Edited by sholling - September/25/2008 at 10:15
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 10:23
Bud's just recently "un-black listed " Maryland for long guns .Prior to MD being cut off. I had bought an Encore from them , and the service was pretty good.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 10:53
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

Bud's just recently "un-black listed " Maryland for long guns .Prior to MD being cut off. I had bought an Encore from them , and the service was pretty good.
I had a huge SNFU with them exactly once and they bent over backwards to make it right. I ordered a $650 varmint rifle from them and it turned out they had an inventory SNFU and no rifle, I'm patient and passed on an immediate refund offer. They called weekly with status updates but when the still manufacturer couldn't deliver a replacement after a month they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Bud's offered me a choice of a refund or a much more expensive ($200 more) rifle for the same price. My parents raised no stupid children and I took the rifle. Big%20Smile

That's how I wound up with a Tikka T3 Super Varmint. :D

That's good service!

Edited by sholling - September/25/2008 at 10:58
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 11:05

That is the way a business should be run. I just hope I am worrying over nothing. With it being my first purchase on line it will make you worry. Right now I have 820 bucks invested with nothing to show for it yet. I just hope every thing goes well.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 11:13
hh....... who did you order from here in the Husker state?
take em!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 11:15
I just got off the phone with the place I bought the gun from. The girl said it didnt ship out till Tue. instead of Fri. like it was suppose too. I guess that's why it aint made it here yet. Any way it is guranteed here by Fri. day afternoon. Hopeful I will get to play with my new baby this weekend.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 11:22
Tip69 I was posting before your post went up. I order from Don's Hobby Guns. They seem like a real nice place. That is why I have been giving the benifit of doubt. I for sure don't want to say nothing bad till I was 100 percent for sure. I think every thing is all right it just makes me scared to spend that kind of money online. Have you heard of Don's. I hope it is o.k. to post this if not it is ok with me if it needs to be deleted.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 15:48

Head Hunter........... was going to mess with ya a little and say something along the lines of, "hope you didn't send cash"........ but decided not to.  Not sure if he's the guy or not, but I met a dealer last winter/spring at the Hastings gun show that was good guy with good prices!  I think I even posted something about the prices.  Will take a look and see if I still have a business card.

take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic