OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A "Sqeezer Special" from Howa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A "Sqeezer Special" from Howa
    Posted: September/24/2008 at 07:15
    http://legacysports.com/products/howa/howa_compactvmt.html

I LIKE that hvy bbl(around .75" at the muzzle).  Bore it out to .338 Fed or .358 Win and there ya go! Of course aint nothing wrong with a .308.

til later
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 11:44
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

I LIKE that hvy bbl(around .75" at the muzzle).  Bore it out to .338 Fed or .358 Win and there ya go! Of course aint nothing wrong with a .308.

til later
.............................I like the Howas too!............OR!.... Just go for the handier and lighter Ruger Frontier (target grey), already chambered in the 338 Fed and 358 Win.....Though between the two for hunting, I`d prefer the Ruger Frontier, which also offers a scout scope option!!...........Wink
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 12:20
 Now the scout scope set up is something I've never messed with. Wonder what's involved in getting a mount put on a rifle?

til later
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 13:01

Now the scout scope set up is something I've never messed with. Wonder what's involved in getting a mount put on a rifle?

til later
.................The Frontiers come drilled and tapped with the scout bases from the factory. If a rifle is not already prep`d from the factory for a scout set up, I wouldn`t mess with adding one unless a competent smith can do so.

After using my former conventionally mounted 3x9 4200 on my Frontier and my current 2.5-8x28 Nikon Monarch EER in the scout position, I definetely prefer the advantages of the scout set up.

I wish my 375 Ruger Alaskan had a scout set up. But I`m not going to mess with adding that option. My 1.5-5x20 VX3 #4 is more than good enough for that rifle. 
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 13:06
 THANKS for the advice.

til later
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 16:24

J-B weldBucky

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 19:13

til later

Have a Weatherby Vanguard like it. A Vanguard compact in .270 win. with a short stock and 20" barrel. This wears a 3-9x36 um, uh Leupy, but makes a great carry rifle. Squeezer speacial, or whatever you call it, it's pretty handy. Shoots well too, say 1/2" at 100.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2008 at 01:51
Those new 20" tubed Howa Ranchlands are a sweet little rifles too and at a very good price. They are just  smaller Wby. Vanguards with Hogue stocks.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2008 at 02:14
I gues Howa decided to go after Savage with this one.  Well, it has been working for Savage for years...

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic