OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bama Gators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bama Gators
    Posted: September/23/2008 at 16:51

This alligator was found between Centre and Leesburg , Alabama near a house! Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator  - guess he wouldn't cooperate...

Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night. Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.

'I didn't believe it,' Charles Rogers said, but they realized the stories were, if anything, understated.

Alabama Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast. Joe Goff, 6'5' tall, a game warden, walks past the 28-foot, 1-inch alligator
8.5 meters he shot and killed in their back yard.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:01
Snopes anybody? That things too big to be real. That's a monster.

Edited by cyborg - September/23/2008 at 17:02
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:22
Lotta shoes, boots, belts,etc. there.
Sortta reminds me of a saying we had in the projects "when your up to your ass in alligators it's hard to remember that your primary objective was to drain the swamp".
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:38
I saw this picture a couple years ago. The story circulating with it then was it was killed somewhere in Mobile Bay Delta.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:46
Originally posted by HuntMaster HuntMaster wrote:

I saw this picture a couple years ago. The story circulating with it then was it was killed somewhere in Mobile Bay Delta.

Yeah, theres a story about that gator, but I don't remember what the deal was.

antleraddiction View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:51
Looks photoshopped to me, but a real good job.  If you look at the backhoe bucket, where the strap is, what would be holding it onto the tooth of the bucket?  I got this in an email and best I can find on the net is a 13-14 ft. gator being killed in Alabama in 04.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:55
I was looking at the gamma difference between the gator and the rest of the picture. Chris will know what I'm talking about, so will anyone else that uses photo shop tools.

Cyborg
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 17:57
Originally posted by antleraddiction antleraddiction wrote:

Looks photoshopped to me, but a real good job.  If you look at the backhoe bucket, where the strap is, what would be holding it onto the tooth of the bucket? 

Good catch. I missed that.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 20:59
It CAN be done, but not optimum...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 11:28
 I just know one thing .... I don't stop to relieve myself along ANY southern road at night ! We rode along in broad daylight and the gators were right there beside a main highway outside Orlando . Especially in Georgia with the swamps 3 ft. off the road ! Wife said ... get out and throw a rock at them .... see if they move .... came home and changed the beneficiary on my life insurance .... I swear I felt her hands on my back ... LOL  Bucky

Edited by mercenary1947 - September/24/2008 at 11:31
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 12:57
AWE MAN!!!!! Thems just lizards we used to play with em when we was kids. I was born in Wayne County Ga. That's Jesup for those unfamiliar with the area. I grew up in Brunswick Ga. Our alligators are unlike the Florida gators we can subdue them with a full nelson.

Cyborg
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 13:05
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

AWE MAN!!!!! Thems just lizards we used to play with em when we was kids. I was born in Wayne County Ga. That's Jesup for those unfamiliar with the area. I grew up in Brunswick Ga. Our alligators are unlike the Florida gators we can subdue them with a full nelson.

And for some reason you don't like tuff women. strange.

merc. And to think you making her pump gas was just a blimish in her mind. hahaha.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 15:17
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

And for some reason you don't like tuff women. strange.

Tuff is quite fine with me, ROUGH on the other hand.

Cyborg
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 16:42
Looks like BS to me. The head appears out of scale. I've captured / handled many gators. The biggest was about 14' and the next was an 11' male (I have his mounted head looking at me as I type). That's way bigger than they are suppose to get. Also, that little pea shooter Joe is wearing likely wouldn't do the trick. Normally a bang stick is used to place a .357 mag (minimum) or .44 mag projectile  directly onto / into the head. No stand off plinking.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 02:44
They dont have to be big to be hungry - eaven the little ones will eat you if they can.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 05:00
Wes, you ain't lying there and the littler one s are quicker.  On some So. Alabama golf courses water hazard takes on a whole new meaning.  LOL
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 10:02
 BigDaddy .... yea and she says such sweet things to me ... only it takes her a few moments after she jumps out to realize she loves me so much .... LOL . Am I glad I married a blonde ... they're about 3 clicks slower to catch on . I often wonder what the other folks think when they hear her .... a few guys laughed their butts off .... and I've even got some thumbs up from some ..... ! I think I told you guys about the time in walmart when I was following the wife and was walking head turned eyeballing a super built blonde in leopard spandex .... man what a body .... the next thing I knew a foot kicked me hard as heck in the rear from the back ... every darn person including the men and women laughed like heck ...
at least 20 people .... one guy yelled "been there " .... the blonde threw me a kiss while laughing .... ohhhh that helped the situation loads .... and the names  that came out of my wife's mouth in public ....  lovin did'nt happen in my bed for 3 days ! It's getting impossible to sneak a peek anymore .... the slaps up side the head are'nt worth it . I even tell her
" honey I was just looking at her dress thinking how good that would look on you "   those don't work anymore . Want to talk about domestic violence partiality .... we were at a red light .... this doll baby girl bank employee was sitting atop this little concrete pillar with her skirt slid up about 4 inches from her waist with about an 8 inch spread having a cig ....  I was hypnotized ....  the next thing i know WHAM  Shocked   ..... I turned around to say something to my wife  ... here's a cop in his cruiser beside us laughing like heck .... so much for equality !   
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 12:00
what's holding the tail up?
take em!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 12:22
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

what's holding the tail up?
You think he might have eaten a test monkey that escaped from Pfizer?

Cyborg
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 13:21
Originally posted by mercenary1947 mercenary1947 wrote:

BigDaddy .... yea and she says such sweet things to me ... only it takes her a few moments after she jumps out to realize she loves me so much .... LOL . Am I glad I married a blonde ... they're about 3 clicks slower to catch on . I often wonder what the other folks think when they hear her .... a few guys laughed their butts off .... and I've even got some thumbs up from some ..... ! I think I told you guys about the time in walmart when I was following the wife and was walking head turned eyeballing a super built blonde in leopard spandex .... man what a body .... the next thing I knew a foot kicked me hard as heck in the rear from the back ... every darn person including the men and women laughed like heck ...
at least 20 people .... one guy yelled "been there " .... the blonde threw me a kiss while laughing .... ohhhh that helped the situation loads .... and the names  that came out of my wife's mouth in public ....  lovin did'nt happen in my bed for 3 days ! It's getting impossible to sneak a peek anymore .... the slaps up side the head are'nt worth it . I even tell her
" honey I was just looking at her dress thinking how good that would look on you "   those don't work anymore . Want to talk about domestic violence partiality .... we were at a red light .... this doll baby girl bank employee was sitting atop this little concrete pillar with her skirt slid up about 4 inches from her waist with about an 8 inch spread having a cig ....  I was hypnotized ....  the next thing i know WHAM  Shocked   ..... I turned around to say something to my wife  ... here's a cop in his cruiser beside us laughing like heck .... so much for equality !   

HAHAH I thought I was the only one who got smacked for a seek peek. I have just always told my wife I'm a peoiple watcher. Il even show her a hottie every now and then just to get the smack.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic