OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Rifle..No Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rifle..No Scope
    Posted: January/01/2005 at 23:41

I recently inherited a brand new CZ 550 .30-06 with no scope.  I am still reading all the posts that recommend various scopes but there is so much information I'm getting lost.  Since I haven't fired a rifle in 15 years, I tried going to the local hunting store and the salesman kept showing me the $99 Simmons(didn't get the model).  After reading most of the information here, I'm glad I didn't go for it.  I would like a good mid-to-long range scope.  I am trying to keep the price around $400.  I will be using it mostly for target shooting but hope to pick up hunting in the near future.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2005 at 05:58

Troop, get a 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest.

They are the best scopes in their class right now...Carry on!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Boomholzer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomholzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2005 at 12:10
You did right by avoiding the Simmons.

Nice rifle.  I like the ones with the Bavarian style full forearm stock.
model88mattie View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote model88mattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2005 at 12:05
I second the 3-9 Zeiss Conquest.  I got one for Christmas and while I haven't had it for long, I find it to be excellent.  It'll get you past legal shooting time just fine.  I've compared it to my Leupold Vari-X and VX-II's and the Conquest knocks their socks off around dark for clarity.  I was amazed at the difference I could tell. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic