OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Maybe changing my mind about the Leica's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maybe changing my mind about the Leica's
    Posted: September/18/2008 at 08:24
Bought the Leica Ultravid 10 x42 BR's a couple of months ago wanting more low light performance than my older Zeiss Dialyt 7x42's ! While I liked some of the features of the Leica's , they were not superior to the Zeiss in low light(actually a tad worse). So I was going to return them or sell on e-bay .

Well I decided to keep them and try them a little once hunting season got here and sell after hunting season if I did not like them.

Started hunting this week. Starting to like these in the field a lot. Compared them again to my Zeiss and they are pretty close in low light with the nod to the Zeiss. But considering the exit pupil........I guess this is pretty good that the Leica's are "that" close.

The main thing that's got me though..........is glassing right at dark for 15-20 minutes straight ........I have way less eye irretation/fatigue. I feels like I need Visine after doing that with the Zeiss but the Leica's seem like I could look for an hour !! I am going to go through the rest of the season........but I believe I may just keep these !!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2008 at 10:28
Shocked

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2008 at 14:01
I tend to have that effect around here!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic