OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

X-bolt Trigger?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-bolt Trigger?
    Posted: September/17/2008 at 09:55
Has anyone been shooting the x-bolt yet?  If so, what do you think of it?  Is the new "feather trigger" any good?
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2008 at 11:20
Originally posted by newbee newbee wrote:

Has anyone been shooting the x-bolt yet?  If so, what do you think of it?  Is the new "feather trigger" any good?
......................Haven`t fired one yet, but handled one extensively. The triggers are very nice, the rifle balances well and the overall feel of the stock is very good.

If you get one, go with the satin wood/matte or the composite/matte. That Medallion with its SHINY gloss stock and SHINY blued barrel, belongs either in a showcase or on top of a lighthouse.Whacko
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2008 at 13:26

Not trying to be a hater, but I'm not liking the NEW look.  I like the A-Bolt better and the Rem 700 CDL even more.

take em!
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2008 at 19:26
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

Not trying to be a hater, but I'm not liking the NEW look.  I like the A-Bolt better and the Rem 700 CDL even more.

Agreed..But I do hear the new trigger is very nice
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2008 at 21:38
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

me too, the new xmark trigger in the cdl's is also a nice addition
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
flyspy1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyspy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2008 at 07:27
The xmark trigger on the 700 I got last year was set "lawyer heavy" and I just got it back from the shop last week.  had it set at 2 pounds and it is definitely very sweet!  I think they got it right.  I like it better than the trigger on my A-bolt.  $.02
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2008 at 07:52
Thanks for the quick replies!  I might have to give one a try.  :)
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2008 at 21:46
mine came set at 4lb i moved to 3lbs and called it good
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
head hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote head hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2008 at 20:39
I was going to buy a xbolt loved the trigger and the look but when I would throw it up the stock seem to always hit high on the shoulder. Sure wished it would have fit better. I really did want one. Anyway I ended up with a remington model seven.
DeerHuntr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeerHuntr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 14:35
I bought a X Bolt Medallion in a 300 Win Mag a little over a month ago and have put 140rds or so through it. It is a tack driver for sure, 3 shot groups @ 100 yds produce a cloverleaf ragged hole with my reloads. Trigger is the best I have ever shot , very crisp. The new recoil pad is awesome, the 300 Winnie kicks substantially less then my .270 WSM even though the X bolt is much lighter then my Vanguard , has a good bit of muzzel jump though. My only issue is it feeds th last round out of the clip poorly, will be making a call to Browning Customer Service on Monday AM, it seems like there isn't enough spring tension in the clip to hold the shell up for proper feeding on the last one. The first two feed BEAUTIFUL, and it will start feeding the third but the bolt will end up pushing the back of the case into the clip allowing the bolt to travel over top of the shell. I will feel it start to bind, pull the bolt back and push forward again to chamber it. Unacceptable, hoping a new clip solves the problem and hoping Browning sends one ASAP on their dime. Need to get this resolved with deer season 3 weeks away. Right now I am thinking I should have bought a Remington...........Hope Browning makes this right, will keep you posted
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2008 at 18:14
DH - hope it works out to your satisfaction!  Keep us posted.
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic