OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA 4-16x40 Illuminated Mil-Dot special deal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 12:43
Why don't you post here what other forums you are wrongly damaging our reputation on so that we can publically defend our selves against your out right lies.

Sorry guys for going off, I know I don't normally lose it but I can't stand liars or thieves (plus I haven't finished my coffee yet).

Merry Christmas  Devil
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 12:52
Here's my banner.

Here are the products in our system.  The blems had a Z prefix so they would not get confused with the new ones.  The series of asterisk signifies something that is discontinued and out of stock.

medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 13:20
If it helps I guess I will tell you my story I ordered a Bushnell 3200 3x9x50 w/ firefly for a christmas present for my son. WELL another PERFECT, EXCEPTIONAL transaction by the SWFA staff. I'm just waiting for me free coat now..........THANKS SWFA STAFF...
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
J-ROD View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-ROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 13:56
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

[QUOTE=L1A1Rocker]Well, since the time is short I decided to have it mailed directly to him so I thought I better call Monday so the order is done correctly.  I call this afternoon to place my order and the guy wants the stock number.  I had bookmarked the page but it is not coming up. (It would not come up because we no longer have them)  I discribe the product and he pulls up the scope but it is now almost $100.00! (He pulled up the same product you asked about but new instead of factory blem)  What the heck?! I ask him.  He said that in also comes with a "free" bore siting kit.  Oh great, what about the ad from yesterday I ask. (That was yesterday and they are all gone, we try to pull ads as soon as we can)  Well we go back and forth a bit and he goes to ask someone.  Comes back and says that he just talked to their internet guy and he says that he did NOT make any changes to their ads.  I grumble and grouse to no avail and finally hang up. (The Internet guy did not change any ads, the marketing guy deleted ads)

I was the first person in sales to help this guy and Chris' explanations are exactly right.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 14:19
This time a get a lady and try to order the product by the model number listed on the cached advertisment.  It does not come up, suprise suprise.  I go through the whole story with her and she tells me that the scope from yesterday was a "factory refirb that had a blemish on it.  I tell her that that was NOT what was on the add.  That the ad was for a new scope not a refirb.  We finally get to the point where I ask for a manager.

He is referring to me on this one... Get Your Popcorn Ready

Edited by Stephanie - December/16/2008 at 14:21
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 14:30
Originally posted by J-ROD J-ROD wrote:

Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

[QUOTE=L1A1Rocker]Well, since the time is short I decided to have it mailed directly to him so I thought I better call Monday so the order is done correctly.  I call this afternoon to place my order and the guy wants the stock number.  I had bookmarked the page but it is not coming up. (It would not come up because we no longer have them)  I discribe the product and he pulls up the scope but it is now almost $100.00! (He pulled up the same product you asked about but new instead of factory blem)  What the heck?! I ask him.  He said that in also comes with a "free" bore siting kit.  Oh great, what about the ad from yesterday I ask. (That was yesterday and they are all gone, we try to pull ads as soon as we can)  Well we go back and forth a bit and he goes to ask someone.  Comes back and says that he just talked to their internet guy and he says that he did NOT make any changes to their ads.  I grumble and grouse to no avail and finally hang up. (The Internet guy did not change any ads, the marketing guy deleted ads)

I was the first person in sales to help this guy and Chris' explanations are exactly right.
  I can second that, here is a screenshot of our order database with both SKU #'s Listed Sperately at different prices. The Blem scope is highlighted in the description line and shows that it is discontinued on the bottom of the screen, and the astrics also represent an item bein discontinued. The NEW scope is under it listed at its price with the free boresighter.                          CFII
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2008 at 15:15
Originally posted by L1A1Rocker L1A1Rocker wrote:

Well, after going round and round with SWFA today and doing some more looking on the internet for a scope for may father for Christmas I came upon this thread.  I thought I'd post here what I've posted on other threads today with me dealings with SWFA today:

So I was looking for a Christmas gift for my father this weekend and decided to check out some scopes.  SWFA most always has the best prices so I hit them up and found something to fit the bill.  A 4 to 16 mill-dot with illuminated rectcle for just under $50.00.

Well, since the time is short I decided to have it mailed directly to him so I thought I better call Monday so the order is done correctly.  I call this afternoon to place my order and the guy wants the stock number.  I had bookmarked the page but it is not coming up.  I discribe the product and he pulls up the scope but it is now almost $100.00!  What the heck?! I ask him.  He said that in also comes with a "free" bore siting kit.  Oh great, what about the ad from yesterday I ask.  Well we go back and forth a bit and he goes to ask someone.  Comes back and says that he just talked to their internet guy and he says that he did NOT make any changes to their ads.  I grumble and grouse to no avail and finally hang up.

I then do a little looking and find the cached file of the ad and call back.  This time a get a lady and try to order the product by the model number listed on the cached advertisment.  It does not come up, suprise suprise.  I go through the whole story with her and she tells me that the scope from yesterday was a "factory refirb that had a blemish on it.  I tell her that that was NOT what was on the add.  That the ad was for a new scope not a refirb.  We finally get to the point where I ask for a manager.

Lady manager gets on the phone (I think her name was Betty)  I go through the whole story with her now.  She tells me that that scope is now discontinued.  No I say, the scope IS still there but now you want to sell it for 100.00 and through in a "free" bore sight kit.  Then she puts me on hold to go talk to someone.  Comes back and tells me that she just talked to the internet guy and he says that the ad I'm referring too was a banner ad and that it was noted on the banner that the scope was blemished.  I finally hang up with these people.

Now don't get me wrong.  It's SWFA's business and if they want to jack up the price $50.00 and through in a $20.00 "free" inticement that's intirely their option.  I am upset that they would do that and not honor the ad from the weekend but hey they can do it and you guys should know that that's what their business practice is.  But what really frosts me is the lies I was told.  First one, and then another to try and cover the first one.  You guys should be aware of this practice at SWFA.

OK... I don't work for SWFA, am not affiliated in any way except the OT and as a customer, but they are one of the best companies I have come in contact with.  It's Christmas, I am a trusting soul and easily touched by sentiment (some have said gullible)... a man trying to get a gift for his father.  SO, if you are for real, here's the deal:
UPS 3 Day Select® By End of Day, 
Monday 
December 22, 2008 
15.53 USD* 

Ship
Days In Transit: 3 Billable Weight:
5.0 lbs.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Cope6.5/284 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cope6.5/284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 10:31
  <----------
Looks like it was stated to me. I hope everything works out for you L1A1Rocker, but it appears to me the whole situation was just a big misinterpretation. I to purchased one of these scopes for my Savage, but I was aware they were Blemished scopes from the get go.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a grocery store, not a government agency
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 11:43
People like him don't carry any weight when it comes to trash talking, most people (me) seen thru it immediately....tis the season for idiots.........heck all you had to do was READ the ad............self explanatory IMHO...not smart enough to comprehend the ad I guess..
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
dougemes View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougemes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 13:17
I think everyone who needs to say their peace has done so at this point, so how about we all say Merry Christmas, and let this thread go down?  Thank you SWFA for all that you d, and know that the collective membership of your forum knows you guys (and girls) are honest folks.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2008 at 16:32
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

[QUOTE=L1A1Rocker]Well, after going round and round with SWFA today and doing some more looking on the internet for a scope for may father for Christmas I came upon this thread.  I thought I'd post here what I've posted on other threads today with me dealings with SWFA today:

So I was looking for a Christmas gift for my father this weekend and decided to check out some scopes.  SWFA most always has the best prices so I hit them up and found something to fit the bill.  A 4 to 16 mill-dot with illuminated rectcle for just under $50.00.

Well, since the time is short I decided to have it mailed directly to him so I thought I better call Monday so the order is done correctly.  I call this afternoon to place my order and the guy wants the stock number.  I had bookmarked the page but it is not coming up.  I discribe the product and he pulls up the scope but it is now almost $100.00!  What the heck?! I ask him.  He said that in also comes with a "free" bore siting kit.  Oh great, what about the ad from yesterday I ask.  Well we go back and forth a bit and he goes to ask someone.  Comes back and says that he just talked to their internet guy and he says that he did NOT make any changes to their ads.  I grumble and grouse to no avail and finally hang up.

I then do a little looking and find the cached file of the ad and call back.  This time a get a lady and try to order the product by the model number listed on the cached advertisment.  It does not come up, suprise suprise.  I go through the whole story with her and she tells me that the scope from yesterday was a "factory refirb that had a blemish on it.  I tell her that that was NOT what was on the add.  That the ad was for a new scope not a refirb.  We finally get to the point where I ask for a manager.

Lady manager gets on the phone (I think her name was Betty)  I go through the whole story with her now.  She tells me that that scope is now discontinued.  No I say, the scope IS still there but now you want to sell it for 100.00 and through in a "free" bore sight kit.  Then she puts me on hold to go talk to someone.  Comes back and tells me that she just talked to the internet guy and he says that the ad I'm referring too was a banner ad and that it was noted on the banner that the scope was blemished.  I finally hang up with these people.

Now don't get me wrong.  It's SWFA's business and if they want to jack up the price $50.00 and through in a $20.00 "free" inticement that's intirely their option.  I am upset that they would do that and not honor the ad from the weekend but hey they can do it and you guys should know that that's what their business practice is.  But what really frosts me is the lies I was told.  First one, and then another to try and cover the first one.  You guys should be aware of this practice at SWFA.

OK... I don't work for SWFA, am not affiliated in any way except the OT and as a customer, but they are one of the best companies I have come in contact with.  It's Christmas, I am a trusting soul and easily touched by sentiment (some have said gullible)... a man trying to get a gift for his father.  SO, if you are for real, here's the deal:
UPS 3 Day Select® By End of Day, 
Monday 
December 22, 2008 
15.53 USD* 

Ship
Days In Transit: 3 Billable Weight:
5.0 lbs.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jtom66 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtom66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 13:54
Chris,

Any left? 

Thanks,

Jim
pc2811 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc2811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 08:52
chris would this be a good scope on my r77/22 -look at pc2811?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 09:17
None left.  We only have new ones for $99.95 with a free boresighter.

PC2811, yes it would be a good scope for your Ruger.
Hookset View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 00:31
No good deed goes unpunished.  I hate to see someone (Chris/SWFA) try to pass on a good deal and then get slammed for it. Poker

I have a new Savage 93R17 and I'm definately buying the scope from SWFA as soon as I pick one.  The Vortex Crossfire is on the short list.

Thank you Chris and I hope 2009 is a great year for you and SWFA.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 09:58
Thanks man.

Did you notice that he only made two posts and once he got called out he did not reply......typical Internet commando.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic