OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

h&r what does everyone think

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigpapa4045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: h&r what does everyone think
    Posted: September/11/2008 at 15:06
sorry guys it didnt post
-Shaine-
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 13:40
Is it their single shot handy rifle? I did see one chambered in the 500 S&W. It is simple, functional and sells for a cheap price. 

I`m not particularly a single shot fan, but for a close cover timber gun, it should be quite a bear stopper.........It is a little on the ugly side though. 
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 18:42
My oldest son's first deer rifle ... 30/30 handi rifle ..shoots 1moa to 1.5 regardless of what it's fed .. hell of a value and worked ideally as a first deer rifle

Edited by martin3175 - September/14/2008 at 18:42
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 19:02
my father in law had a handy rifle in a .223 and couldnt hit sh*t with it, his dad on the other hand has one that shoots very well, so in my limited experiences with them i would say its all luck of the draw.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2008 at 06:58
I also have a little 223 youth I gave to my youngest that just passed hunters safety course  here in MD .. Shoots okay'ish so far ..Only tried 55 gr stuff and it shot about 1.5" at 100 yds with its puny barrel. Hopefully I will find something it "likes"a little better . Either way , My 10 yr old liked it, and was racking up 50 yd 9's and 10's ..so he was happy enough.
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2008 at 12:20
I have a .223 that I am about to sell. Shoots under moa with 45 grain White box Winchesters and shoots 60 grain Federal Nosler partitions very well. It will not shoot Winchester 55 grain Silverbox shells worth a damn and doesn't shoot the 64 grains real good either !

Great gun for the money IMO but I wish I'd have just plunked down more money for a bolt action to begin with and I wouldn't have sent off a check for one today !! Bucky

Edited by cbm - September/15/2008 at 12:22
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2008 at 08:02
They are good 'knock around' guns.  One you could keep in the gun rack to smoke the stray varmint...I've been told they shoot well....especially for what you have in it.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2008 at 09:09

I have one in 45/70 and love it.  It shoots great, and the piece of lead traveling down-range might damn-well stop a tank (if the shot is well placed.)

For the money, you can't beat it.  Under most circumstances, something is better; however "better" costs allot more usually.

What is the anticipated purpose and caliber?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
BayouBuck View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2008 at 09:19
I use my handi for ML season in Mississippi. I shot 1.5" groups all the time with a 444 marlin. Even though we can now use T/c encores that are 35 cal. of bigger for ML season I am going to use the Handi. Ok, on the down side the trigger is not the best out thier nor is the finnish. I have duracoted mine ( after seeing the pic above) but I am still looking for a gunsmith to fix the trigger.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic