OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

walmart remingtons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigpapa4045 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: walmart remingtons
    Posted: September/10/2008 at 20:00
i was in walmart the other day and saw that they had a remington 700 camo stack wit scope and the x mark pro trigger for $447.00 all calibers the same price!

why so cheap! it didnt make sence! why so cheap

anyone know? 

and whats up with the R brand scope?

hope to hear back soon
-Shaine-
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2008 at 20:19
They have always been able to buy guns by the boat load and sell them cheaper than anyone else due to volume. At this point thought wal-mart is planning to get out of the gun business probably cause they dont think they will be legal to own / sell in the next year or two.  Remember Hillary Clinton was on the Wal-Mart board, the have inside info.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2008 at 21:46
 more than half the Walmarts in MD don't sell firearms anymore
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 05:00
It's volume buying power. There are no middle men. You buy a train full of rifles at a time and see what sort of deal you can get.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 06:41
if you can get a bdl with the xmark for that cheap id buy two of them
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 07:39
.........TWO of them?? ........

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 10:22
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

They would have stopped selling guns by the time you made your mind up pyro.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 12:16
wonder if there is a way to find out which stores still have guns.... haven't seen guns in a store in Omaha for some time now.

$447.00 is a great price!   any idea what kind of stock it is?
take em!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 18:12
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

They would have stopped selling guns by the time you made your mind up pyro.

smartass
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 21:27
The price makes me think it may be the 770. If your not sure it was a 700 then you may want to double check. The 770 is a ok rifle, but I wouldn't want to have more than 250.00 in it. The receivers are a touch thinner and the barrel is heat pressed in, not threaded. At 400+ I'd rather have a used 700, but thats just me. I can't say that the 770 is a bad deal, but around 400.00, it is pushing the value alittle bit. But if it is a 700 then I agree, buy as many as you can afford. You would have no problem making some extra $ on gunbroker.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 21:28
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

The price makes me think it may be the 770. If your not sure it was a 700 then you may want to double check. The 770 is a ok rifle, but I wouldn't want to have more than 250.00 in it. The receivers are a touch thinner and the barrel is heat pressed in, not threaded. At 400+ I'd rather have a used 700, but thats just me. I can't say that the 770 is a bad deal, but around 400.00, it is pushing the value alittle bit. But if it is a 700 then I agree, buy as many as you can afford. You would have no problem making some extra $ on gunbroker.
the 770 doesnt come with the x mark pro trigger
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 19:44

More than likely an Sps model.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 20:05
the only rifle other than the xcr or cdl that has an xmark trigger in a "hunting" rifle is the sps buckmaster model.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 20:16
Seems reasonable, what is Msrp on this model?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 20:18
about $700
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 20:28
So that $ 475.00 wallyworld price looks pretty good.  Do they possibly have a special "striped" version made for them.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 20:30
I was suprized to find some nib 700's on gunbroker in the 450.00 range. They're not that hard to find I guess.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 20:30
dont think so, the sps buckmaster fits the description that was given with the camo stock and xmark trigger, im sure they got a great buy, since they probably ordered 10's of thousands of them.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2008 at 19:29
10's of thousands of them ....wouldn't that be nice....might piss the misses off though
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic