OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Diavari Victory Rubber Ocular Eye Piece?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Diavari Victory Rubber Ocular Eye Piece?
    Posted: September/09/2008 at 12:43
Hi all, this is my first post. I'm here because from this forum I've read and learned a lot of what I was looking to know to make the right choices when it comes to selecting suitable rifle scopes and binoculars and I appreciate all of the valuable information that everyone has shared here. My background is sport target shooting and doing my part to support the 2nd amendment.

My question is regarding an accessory for my Zeiss Diavari Victory rifle scope. The supplied manual lists a "Rubber Sunshade" part# "52 83 75 - 0000". This is the rubber sunshade eye-piece or eye-guard that attaches to the ocular eye-piece of the scope. I have something like this on a Hensoldt scope and find it very helpful for improving the use of the scope by eliminating stray outside light, but apparently this item is not available from Zeiss even though it is listed in the manual. Does anyone have any helpful information that would assist me in obtaining this item or a similar solution?
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2008 at 15:13

I have no problems to obtain them (here in sweden).

So if you like I can arrange so you get them, but just as a warning, Sweden is a high cost country with heavy taxes, so it's not going to be cheap.

Wonderfull item by the way.

Technika
opticsmike View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2008 at 15:29
Oh that would be so wonderful. I really don't care about the price. I'm going to wait a bit to see if anyone here in the US can get them. Thanks so much.
antleraddiction View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antleraddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2008 at 20:16
Based on the number of replies in this thread, its probably going to be a hard to find item in the US, you may want to take technika up on his offer to help out a fellow member, if money is no object and you really need it.  JMO......
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2008 at 23:30
I looked earlier today at their website and I couldn't find any mention of it!  Good Luck.
take em!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2008 at 07:37
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2008 at 10:34
Thanks antleraddiction, will do.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2008 at 10:44
Ok, I just went to Technika's website and now I'm drooling...
http://www.technika.nu/modules/tinycontent2/index.php?id=27
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2008 at 14:05

That is not the most impressive sight I have used.

It's one of the more uncommon sights, but deffinitely one of the more well deserved uncommons.......
One click is 1,5cm..........
No my favorite is the ZF6-24x72

Technika
vancouvernick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vancouvernick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2014 at 08:49
In Sept 2014, I checked with Zeiss Germany.  They confirmed that the sunshade is no longer in production.

If anyone knows where I can buy one, please let me know.

Warm Regards,

Nick Brampton, Vancouver, Canada.
Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic