OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

? about your deer seasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2008 at 09:00
Really ?? Interesting......I have not heard anything about the doe count being down. Good luck man............I went and checked my stands yesterday and they are killing them. I am going to wait till the cooler weather get's here next week and decide if I am going to my bow stand or gun stand first !! Hopefully my tags will be here this week !
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 20:14
In Virginia you can deer hunt from early october until first weekend in january...that includes bow, muzzleloader, rifle and late muzzleloader.  Some parts of the state have a 7 week firearms (rifle) deer season.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2008 at 17:39
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

It only changed to 3 buck rule last year before that you could take 1 Buck/ 1 Doe a day ALL season long. Ted is correct the deer herd in parts of the state are WAY out of balance for the amount of forage able to sustain them. Here in north Shelby Co. we are overrun with deer, come mid winter I'll be loosing shrubbery to the herd in Oak Mountain State Park.  Funny thing about non-hunted deer herds, they'll stand on your front porch an eat the flowers out of your wifes flower pots. (ask me how I know!!)  The wife wants me to hunt in the front yard, my nieghbors might get more than a little upset so I don't.  I have had them(the Deer) stand in the flowerbed by my mailbox as I back my truck out the driveway looking at me like a cow would a farmer. LOL   If they only knew what was going thru my mind.
  Devil 

You must have a smaller poacher population than around my area. Deer here are skittish all year, because they don't know there is a "season". A friend told me about a cousin he had not seen in years who invited him to come over and visit after they ran into each other at a local hardware store. He decided to go by on the way to work one morning. Drove up to the cousin's house to find 8 deer hanging from the front porch rafters... IN JULY. Just a normal night's hunt for those 'good ole boys". Sonny said he drove off without even getting out to say hello.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2008 at 03:59
In Louisiana, Bow season starts Oct. 1st (statewide) and runs thru Feb. 15th in zone 6. Rifle season starts Nov. 15th and runs thru Jan. 18th. We are allowed to turn the hounds loose Dec. 6th thru Jan. 18th. 3 bucks and 3 does are your season limit
Private lands enrolled in deer managemnt programs are given doe tags, depending on acreage enrolled, which DO NOT count against your season limit.
I LOVE our long and liberal season.
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2008 at 19:58
In Nebraska, archery starts Sept. 15th and runs until rifle season starts, which is the closest Sat to Nov 13th. Rifle lasts for 9 days... from the Sat thru the following Sunday. Archery then starts back up on Monday and I think runs thru Dec.  Muzzleloader season is the whole month of Dec.  There is usually a late season hunt of some sort in Jan.  Residents are allowed to have 2 permits that allow you to take a Buck.  You don't have to take a buck, but you can't shoot more than 2... this would include all forms of hunting.  So if you buy a buck permit for archery and a buck permit for firearm, you could NOT obtain a buck permit for muzzleloader.  Not sure how many doe only permits you can get, but I think its quite a few.
take em!
FOG View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 12:10
In Maryland, Whitetail limits in Region A, the two rural western counties, are essentially 2 antlerless and 3 antlered deer, with a set of seasons running from Almost continuously from September 15- January 30.  In Region B, the whitetail seasons are about the same, but the bag limits are two antlered and 10 antlerless deer, in each of the bow, muzzleloader and firearms seasons, with no limit on antlerless deer harvested by bow in five suburban counties.  One very unusual provision is that the hunter may not harvest a second antlered deer in Region B until he has harvested two antlerless deer.  Region A harvests and Region B harvests do not affect each other.  So far that implies a limit of 41 deer, excluding antlerless deer harvested in the five suburban counties.  You can add to taht another antlered and antlerless Sika deer in some Eastern shore counties, in each of the three seasons which run roughly the same dates, adding six more to the total bag, for a total of 47 deer harvested in one season.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 12:23
wow i could shoot 1 deer in the zone where i reside, and i had to apply for a lottery style drawing to make my tag good for "any" deer. if i went north into another area i could one extra antlerless deer. there are a few areas left in the state where you could shoot 1 buck and 4 doe/fawn so thats the maximum number (5) per year. there is a "special" zone #601 inside of the Minneapolis/St.Paul metro area where you can shoot unlimited amounts of doe/fawn deer, but still only one buck a year may be tagger.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
FOG View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 12:36
Most of Region B is off-limits to rifles and modern pistols, but more of Region B allows crossbows.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 20:38
Counting archery season, we have a 3 month deer season (Oct - first weekend in Jan).  With the feral hog population we have, and no season or limits on them, most of the rest of the year is pig season for me!  I'll work in a weekend or two for turkey hunting in the spring and prairie dogs in early summer.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 08:11
In Arkansas depending on where you live (in my zone) Bow season opens Oct. 1 and closes Feb. 28.  That's right 5 MONTHS of bow season.  Gun season opens Nov. 14 and closes Dec. 20.  There is a youth hunt on Nov. 7-8 and again Jan. 2-3.  Muzzle Loader runs Oct. 17-25 and again Dec. 29-31.  Limit is 4 no more than 2 legal bucks or up to 4 does.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic