OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mystery Binocular

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mystery Binocular
    Posted: August/30/2008 at 23:14
Just for everyone's general fund of knowledge, You ought to all visit the 24 Hour Campfire Hunting Optics Forum and look at threads entitled either Impressive New Binocular, or Mystery Binocular.  Do the same thing by going to the binocular forum at the Bird Forum and look at the Mystery Binocular thread there. 

I was one of the original three reviewers of the glass.  I will certainly post some stuff here, but at this point it's cut and paste.

This looks like the real deal a $500 8x42, ED glass, 393' FOV, open bridge that surely will hang with the big guns far, far further than anything else in that class.  The Razor and Meopta class have some intense competition at less money.  There are some issues with depth of focus and an unusual focus system, but in terms of pure image quality and resolution there is almost nothing to complain about.

One of the reviewers sold both his Swarovski EL 8.5 and Zeiss FL 7x and bought one of these.

SWFA should take a hard look at selling this thing.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2008 at 23:18
Why?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
abailey54 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abailey54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 07:48
Hello,

What bino are you referring to? Thanks
abailey54
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 10:01
I think he is referring to the Promaster Elite series. No way a $169 bino will compete with a $500- $1000 bino.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 10:37
Huntmaster

Sorry dude wrong comparison.  I really do have sense enough not to compare a less than $200 glass to the level this thing is at.  For whatever reason Promaster decided to retain the Infinity Elite as part of the name.  Might cost them some.

To everybody else.  I apologize for the mystery post in the first place.  I just posted a review I did for the binocular in a new post.  When you Google the binocular, be sure to add ELX HD.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 11:22
Looks like a blatent plug to me.

If you want to discuss a binocular here at OpticsTalks, then discuss it here at OpticsTalks. 

Sound like Yogi Bera doesn't it?

Edited by Chris Farris - August/31/2008 at 14:17
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 13:57
Well, live and learn.  I use every internet source I can get ahold of and pretty well assumed everyone else did too.  Like they say, assumptions can bite back.

I did rethink my position and "kind of apologize" and reposted about the binocular.  In the vein that somebody might be interested in the presence of a new binocular, no apology is offered for the posting of the review.  I saw what I saw and meant what I said about it.  I get no money or brownie points from anybody for that.

My point is that there is a lot of information over those other forums.  I refered the links only as sources of information, not to advertise them here.  I can see that it looked that way.  I apologized to Chris in a PM and will do so here for all to see.  I am very sorry  this post offended anyone, and to those who feel it was in fact an offence, all of you have my deep sincere apology.  I told Chris to remove the post.  He said he would have if he had a problem with it.  My mistake in the first place.
Steve

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 16:53
abailey54 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abailey54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 18:31
Thanks Chris,

We have too many mysteries to figure much less mystery binos.

Thanks for all you do for the hunting and birding community.
abailey54
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 23:15
Originally posted by Klamath Klamath wrote:

Well, live and learn.  I use every internet source I can get ahold of and pretty well assumed everyone else did too.  Like they say, assumptions can bite back.

I did rethink my position and "kind of apologize" and reposted about the binocular.  In the vein that somebody might be interested in the presence of a new binocular, no apology is offered for the posting of the review.  I saw what I saw and meant what I said about it.  I get no money or brownie points from anybody for that.

My point is that there is a lot of information over those other forums.  I refered the links only as sources of information, not to advertise them here.  I can see that it looked that way.  I apologized to Chris in a PM and will do so here for all to see.  I am very sorry  this post offended anyone, and to those who feel it was in fact an offence, all of you have my deep sincere apology.  I told Chris to remove the post.  He said he would have if he had a problem with it.  My mistake in the first place.

Hi, Klamath.  I don't understand why you're being so enigmatic about these "mystery" binos.  Why not just copy your review and post it here?  Why not mention the brand and model here rather than asking people to do a search?  We'd all like to hear about these binos, so why deny people of having a discussion about them here?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2008 at 23:22
OK, I see that you did post your review in another thread.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic