OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper Alternative??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper Alternative??
    Posted: August/28/2008 at 06:10
Anyone have a suggestion for an alternative to the Super Sniper 10 X 42?? I paid for one but received only an email saying that they are back ordered.  I have a shoot coming up in three weeks....................................
Who needs a sig?
Astro8 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astro8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 09:19
If time is of the essence, take a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40mm that SWFA carries. 
The only drawback is it has a 1" tube.  If you have 30mm rings, I am sure SWFA can sell you 1" inserts.
Only free men own guns, not slaves.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 09:21
Originally posted by Astro8 Astro8 wrote:

If time is of the essence, take a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40mm that SWFA carries. 
The only drawback is it has a 1" tube.  If you have 30mm rings, I am sure SWFA can sell you 1" inserts.

Excellent call!!

Welcome to The OT, 70.
Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 11:58
http://www.swfa.com/pc-8561-971-leupold-3-9x40-mark-2-riflescope.aspx

Kick in a few more bucks and get you a variable like the Mark II, bud.  
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 12:45
How much money do you want to spend?  Also, are you looking strictly for a 10x scope? or are you OK with a variable?

ILya
army_eod View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army_eod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 20:04
Weaver has a new Tactical Grand Slam 10x for about $400.00

Look at the Falcon optics for about $340.00 in 10X
Princes and governments are far more dangerous than other elements within society.

Niccolo Machiavelli
Model 70 Shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2008 at 07:33
Thanks for the input guys, I am looking at all of the suggestions now.  Time is important, I have a shoot in 2 weeks.
Who needs a sig?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2008 at 07:36
Forgot to post, Variable is ok with me, but I had heard a lot of good things about the SS 10 power. 

It just sucks when they take your money and then send an email saying it's back ordered, oops, our bad.
Who needs a sig?
Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2008 at 12:58
I'm pretty sure that SWFA has a lot of those scopes going overseas to our troops in the field.
Designated marksmen, along with many other combat troops, are using these Super Sniper scopes.   
Kinda hard to keep up your inventory when Uncle Sammy starts calling.  
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2008 at 19:53
The cheapest 10x alternative is the Elite 3200 10x40 mentioned above.  If you still plan to get a Super Sniper when it is available, then Elite 3200 is a good placeholder for it.

Otherwise, assuming you are looking in the $200-$400 range with mil-dot or similar reticle, here are the options:

Millett 10x50 Tactical (decent scope, but 1/8MOA clicks)
Mueller Tac II 3-10x44 (surprisingly decent Japanese scope)
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 (available with a Mil-Dot and right at $400)

ILya

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2008 at 10:52
Optimus,
Point taken on the troops use.  I am waiting "patiently" until the second week of September for my scope to arrive.  Hopefully, it will be midweek.  I have the Ken Farrell setup waiting.
Who needs a sig?
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2008 at 11:59
Model 70 PM me with your info I believe your order should ship today.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2008 at 16:27
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

Wink
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2008 at 15:04
Chris,

I got the email concerning shipment.  Spot on.  UPS tracking shows it to be waiting for me at the house.  KUDOS, you beat the backorder date by several days.

Once again, thanks to all who responded with possible alternatives.  I will have the scope mounted by tomorrow and this weekend we'll get some rounds downrange.
Who needs a sig?
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2008 at 17:17
Shoot straight 70!!!Thunbs%20Up
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2008 at 09:38
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

You can't ask for better service !!!!!!!!!!  I'm glad you got the one you wanted .... it's a b*tch having to settle for #2  or #3  .....  SWFA  can't be beat !

Edited by mercenary1947 - September/04/2008 at 09:40
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2008 at 12:35
Model 70 glad to hear you go the scope in time. I am assuming we will see pics. Wink
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Hookset View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2008 at 16:04
You hardly ever see customer service this good these days.  No wonder SWFA is Numero Uno in the scope bidness! 

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model 70 Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2008 at 16:22
Yes Chris, Pics will be posted.  Thanks again.
Who needs a sig?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2008 at 18:57
Originally posted by Hookset Hookset wrote:

You hardly ever see customer service this good these days.  No wonder SWFA is Numero Uno in the scope bidness! 

Barkeep!! Give this man a cold beer and put it on my tab!!!
Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic