OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Boyt gun case

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boyt gun case
    Posted: August/26/2008 at 12:56
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd try here.  Big%20Grin

I'm eying up the Boyt H2 injection molded 2 rifle hard case.  Anyone have any feedback on these?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 13:45

Got any pics for us?

Would you object if I moved this thread to Firearms?

Edited by cheaptrick - August/26/2008 at 13:46
newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 14:37
No problem, you can move it.

Here is a picture.....

newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 14:38
http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_229415_454_01?$main-Medium$

For some reason the image didn't attach, there's a link.
newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 14:39

newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 14:40

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 15:03
The forum won't allow competitors links. No problem.
I'll move this over to the Firearms Forum.

Thanks.
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 15:45
Originally posted by newbee newbee wrote:

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd try here.  Big%20Grin

I'm eying up the Boyt H2 injection molded 2 rifle hard case.  Anyone have any feedback on these?
....................I do not have the Boyt H2 injection molded case, but imo, you are definitely on the right track in picking the lighter injected molded as opposed to, a heavier aluminum.

I just upgraded recently to the 53" 2 scoped rifle Pelican case with wheels.

You really can`t go wrong with a higher dollar end injected molded case. It`s just a matter of your personal preference as to which one.

While your at it, take a real good look at the Pelicans too! 
newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 15:58
Big Squeeze, thanks for the input.  I've actually looked at the Pelicans too but I recently found a steal on a double Boyt at $120 so that's what I might go with.  They look very similar and the Pelicans are known to be tough as nails so hopefully this one would be too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 16:03

I desperately need a new rifle case. Mine looks like it's been drug down a gravel road.

Thanks for the heads up!
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 16:04
Originally posted by newbee newbee wrote:

Big Squeeze, thanks for the input.  I've actually looked at the Pelicans too but I recently found a steal on a double Boyt at $120 so that's what I might go with.  They look very similar and the Pelicans are known to be tough as nails so hopefully this one would be too.
...............For $120 buckos, that may not be a bad deal! I paid  over $200 for my Pelican...........Does the Boyt have wheels???...You gotta have the wheels! You`ll begin to like the wheels,,,real fast!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 16:19
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I desperately need a new rifle case. Mine looks like it's been drug down a gravel road.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sorry to intrude, if Chris shoots old computers maybe you can take your maul to your old gun case. Pics would be nice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 16:27
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!

Sorry to intrude, if Chris shoots old computers maybe you can take your maul to your old gun case. Pics would be nice.

Yeah, looks like it's already met the wood splittin' maul. It's ratty!!

Gunshow75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunshow75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 17:07
I have used SKB cases for several years and find them to be excellent. They have an unconditional lifetime warranty and a $1500 Content Coverage Warranty. They will pay you up to $1500 to repair or replace any equipment damaged by a commercial airline carrier while secured in their cases.

Tom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 17:28
Tom, I've also heard good things on the SKB cases.
Good call, Sir!

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 18:06
 Don't know ..... I use a Kolpin and a Gunslinger on my ATV to carry mine . Both protect like the devil and take all the bashing they get in stride .... and never failed for years . 
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
newbee View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2008 at 08:19
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

...............For $120 buckos, that may not be a bad deal! I paid  over $200 for my Pelican...........Does the Boyt have wheels???...You gotta have the wheels! You`ll begin to like the wheels,,,real fast!

Yep, wheels and all!  I have a feeling I'll like the wheels too!  Normally it's priced at $200 so I guess I can't go too wrong at $120.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2008 at 23:36

Thanks for the heads up!

Mark,
you can tell us Bro, it HAS been dragged down a gravel road right?

Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing

Edited by Steelbenz - August/27/2008 at 23:37
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 08:01
Pelican makes the best guncases. B Squeeze got that one right.   
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 10:01
I have used the Kolpin gunboot (with lock) on an overseas hunting trip, and on several U.S. flights.  It came through fine every time.  I did wrap it with tape, to provide extra protection on the overseas trip.

The aluminum cases used by others on the overseas trip were all damaged in some way.  I suspect the airline handlers were put off by the much heavier weight of the aluminum cases and threw them around.  The Kolpin case and rifle weighed much less, so it was apparently handled instead of thrown.  (No guarantee that will happen every time, however.)

I have one of the heavy-duty aluminum cases, and wheels certainly sound appealing.

It's always a good idea to check the latest rules and regulations of the airline (and country) involved in your trip.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic