OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The best "out of the box" set up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The best "out of the box" set up
    Posted: August/23/2008 at 15:07
We are about to finish up these three rifles for some local agencies and I must say that they are really nice set ups (hate to see them go). Sad

The Accuracy International is getting a 34mm Kahles K312 and the two Gen. III POF's are getting Leupold 1-3 Mark 4 CQT's to run with a PVS-22 in front.

Note the ambidextrous bolt release above the mag release (nice) and the over sized finger well for gloved hands.  These gas pistons POF's run like a top.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2008 at 16:01
WOW very cool!

Are those VLTOR Club Foot stocks, Chris?
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2008 at 16:59
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

WOW very cool!

Are those VLTOR Club Foot stocks, Chris?

You don't miss any details, do ya.  The VLTOR stocks are very nice and provide a perfect cheek weld when using optics and back-up battery storage too.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2008 at 23:39
I certainly would like to try out that Kahles scope for them. I like the AI gun and would love to have  that.  The .223 doesnt do much for me with the exception of some of the White Oak Armory target stuff and the Sig 556 which is an interesting novelty since it has a op rod system rather than a gas system.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2008 at 21:00
We've sold one 556 to an individual officer, most departments will only allow "AR" platform rifles and the 556 is not consider be of the "AR" platform.  I can't wait for the HK 416, we have 10 on order right now.  I bet a lot of people will be switching to them.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2008 at 22:28
Nice rifles!  Thunbs%20Up  Wish I could afford to have you build one like that for me.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2008 at 00:02
Very cool Chris, thanks for sharing!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Karlos View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karlos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2008 at 08:56
Love our AIs. I want one of the AICS stocks for my .223 PSS
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2008 at 20:25
Thunbs%20UpWaaaayyy kewl, Chris!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 08:54
 Christmas is coming Chris ..... don't forget old Grand Pappy Merc .....      Christmas%20List   I'm sure he's on your list .... LOL

All kidding aside .... man they're beautiful ..... I can't even begin to imagine what Chris has ....  lucky  rascal !!!!

Edited by mercenary1947 - August/28/2008 at 10:36
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 19:38
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

We've sold one 556 to an individual officer, most departments will only allow "AR" platform rifles and the 556 is not consider be of the "AR" platform.  I can't wait for the HK 416, we have 10 on order right now.  I bet a lot of people will be switching to them.

I know they are slow on the up take - why would you want something that eliminated the problematic gas system that throws carbon back into the bolt.  What they really should  be buying is the AP4  DPMS .308 or M1a SOCOM rifles, but the fear of law suits rules supreme in the mindset of the Police administrator so if we are lucky we get varmit rifles in .223 Head%20Banger.
And to add insult to injury everyone seems to think the little short barreled ones are the ticket without realizing the loss of velocity it causes to an already low energy  small diameter bullet.  

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - August/28/2008 at 19:50

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 15:24
I know these pictures look like Bigdaddy took them but you get the idea.  This is what I got from the officer who has the Accuracy International.

"Just got back from the range, still not quite sighted in all the way, but here is a 5 shot group at 100 yds. The penny will cover all 5 rounds. Fired 5 rounds in under 75 seconds.

Jeff"

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 15:28
I see nothing wrong with the groups or the pictures.
nice job
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2008 at 16:26
Darn good shooting. Those AI sticks kick ass.   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic