OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Signature 30mm Rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imprez55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Signature 30mm Rings
    Posted: August/21/2008 at 23:38
I am looking at the Burris Signature Zee Rings, but they are going to have to be in 30mm. So is it worth it to not have the extra inserts? Or do I still have that option, I just cant find those inserts. With the people who have these find a need for the extra inserts? Should I bother with all of this or just go with the Xtreme Tacticals. 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 12:50
The extra inserts are for the possiblity of needed set-ups. There are instances where the tapped mounting holes are not perfectly aligned, which having the offset allows you to compensate. These are a very good set of rings, just not always needed.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2008 at 14:45
What type of gun and for what type of shooting?
The Xtreme Tactical rings will be far more stable and that is what I would go with.
I like Burris products, but the Z Ring needs to go back to the drawing board. The base of the ring has a small clamping area and I have had problems with them tipping off vertical on a heavy recoiling gun. Other than that I like the inserts on the Signature rings, in general. They do not damage scope tubes.

Edited by tahqua - August/26/2008 at 14:46
imprez55 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imprez55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2008 at 19:25
I would like to be able to re-use them, but their first gun would be a .223 for target shooting (100 to hopefully 600 yards or so). So the heavy recoil isn't a problem. I defiantly like that it keeps the tubes in tact, but is there a full line of inserts for the 30mm? And would you recommend the standard signature series over the zee rings?

Also, I know they are not necessarily needed, but if the inserts can be used than its a nice feature and not overkill for my application.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2008 at 12:38
I would take the standard over the Z any time. The standards are rock solid.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2008 at 22:21
I like the Signature over the standard Zee. To be honest I'm not thrilled with Burris' implementation of the Weaver system and will never buy the vanilla Zees again. Their just a pain to remove. For a heavy duty permanent mounting system on a rifle with properly aligned mounting holes my favorite mounting system is the DedNutz design. I'm sure SWFA would order you a set if avaliable for your rifle.

My favorite medium duty permanent Weaver style rings are the Burris Siganture Zee. The Signature rings sit a bit higher than advertised but do not mar the scope and to me that's a good thing. But it's the ability to dial out mounting issues with the optional incerts is what makes them killer. 
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic