OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

VX-111 LEOPOLDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VX-111 LEOPOLDS
    Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:04
HAS ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING  ABOUT LEOPOLD DISCONTINUE THE VX-3  AFTER THIS YEAR/IF SO ARE THEY GOING TO REPLACE IT WITH A BETTER SCOPE SYSTEM OR WHAT/Shocked
countryboy appreciates
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:06
if they do i promise it will cost you even more money than its really worth
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
countryboy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:09
YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THAT PYRO6999 !
countryboy appreciates
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:11
but in all seriousness, i have heard some mumblings of the vx3 line changing or going away, but they are only rumors
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
countryboy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:15
they do make some nice scopes.I do't know where the glass is made though.
countryboy appreciates
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:21
I had heard the same thing that Leupold was discontinuing the VX3/VXL and I believe Chris just recently confirmed it.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 00:30
Maybe Leupold will have a half price fire sale.........Bucky
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 06:25
I thought Chris said they could not discount these until after Thanksgiving. I may be wrong though.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 07:23
" You old Blabbermouth "

Optimus Prime View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
RMS Jr.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Optimus Prime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 09:44
Originally posted by countryboy countryboy wrote:

HAS ANYBODY HEARD ANYTHING  ABOUT LEOPOLD DISCONTINUE THE VX-3  AFTER THIS YEAR/IF SO ARE THEY GOING TO REPLACE IT WITH A BETTER SCOPE SYSTEM OR WHAT/Shocked

Shocked
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 10:00
A Leupold sale happening

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 10:21
Now that's funny. A gathering of Campfire members.........
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 11:17
Hey Ed, where are the Crocs in that pic?
take em!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 11:20
They're havin' a cigar and a brandy.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 11:22
Smoking
take em!
Triple S View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 11:48
First off, I have no connection to Leupold. I could see the  possibility of them discontinuing the VX-III line, but they will not abandon that particular price range. Leupold is the King of the VX-III price point with a premium product known all around the world. I could see them coming out with a "new & improved" version of something similar to bring them into the next century and to stay ahead of the market/competition, but in no way are they going to leave that particluar price range. Think about it from a business standpoint. They are well ahead of moderately priced and comparable scopes, while holding a premium, competitive edge, but cheaper than the ultra-premiums like the Euro scopes. In my opinoin, they know exactlly where they fit into the market place and will not disrupt that. If they do, then I think it will be the end of thier reign. They are not the Ultra-Premium product, nor are they the cheap scope either. In my mind, they offer the best bang for the buck and flat out have a line of scopes that fit almost every niche very well with the VX-III line. Almost every hunter I knows comapres "thier" scope to a Leupold.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 12:04
Wow, you must have never looked through anything but a Leupold.  In fact they sell a decent product at a premium price.  Meaning they sell a product that is no better than anyone else's but it costs sometimes twice as much.   Take a look at the Bushnell 4200 line for starters.  It is a very comparable and in some parts better scope all around and is much cheaper. 

I am not arguing that leupold does not make a decent scope, just overpriced for what you are getting.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 13:11
Leupold has no problem keeping price points. The problem is they roll back wards to keep them. Wasn't to long ago that 300 bucks would but you a nice VX3. Now it buys you a VX2. I don't like to pay for their customer service up front on every scope, but is is nice to know that it is there if you need it. I think one of the things they will probably have to take a look at is their extended warranty. You can't keep offering the no questions asked type warranty to unlimited generations of purchasers and still stay competitively priced.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 16:14
Originally posted by Triple S Triple S wrote:

First off, I have no connection to Leupold. I could see the  possibility of them discontinuing the VX-III line, but they will not abandon that particular price range. Leupold is the King of the VX-III price point with a premium product known all around the world. I could see them coming out with a "new & improved" version of something similar to bring them into the next century and to stay ahead of the market/competition, but in no way are they going to leave that particluar price range. Think about it from a business standpoint. They are well ahead of moderately priced and comparable scopes, while holding a premium, competitive edge, but cheaper than the ultra-premiums like the Euro scopes. In my opinoin, they know exactlly where they fit into the market place and will not disrupt that. If they do, then I think it will be the end of thier reign. They are not the Ultra-Premium product, nor are they the cheap scope either. In my mind, they offer the best bang for the buck and flat out have a line of scopes that fit almost every niche very well with the VX-III line. Almost every hunter I knows comapres "thier" scope to a Leupold.

The words "premium product" and VX III cannot belong in the same sentence or paragraph unless you're talking about "premium pricing" within a certain segment, then you'd have it. The best bang for the buck belongs firmly to the Elite line IMO/IME. Leupold can't even spell Rainguard, much less produce scope with it.  Look through one sometime before making such assinine statements.  
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 16:22
Maybe he got the Placerville plague............
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic