OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Taxes~McCain v Obama

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taxes~McCain v Obama
    Posted: August/18/2008 at 10:50
http://money.cnn.com/news/
(INTERESTING DATA JUST RECEIVED ON TAXES & PROPOSED CHANGES IN TAXES AFTER 2008 GENERAL ELECTION.)

Time to consider your pocketbook:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN:
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA:
28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you?

If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN : 15% (no change)

OBAMA : 39.6%

How will this affect you?

If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.'

INCOME TAX (find your bracket)

MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA (reverse all tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes will more than double!

How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight
forward.

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you?

Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.

New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)

New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....

New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Edited by Average Joe - August/18/2008 at 10:55
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 10:52
Yes, but Obama can heal me of the arthritis.....isn't THAT worth something?
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 10:57
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Yes, but Obama can heal me of the arthritis.....isn't THAT worth something?

Well now that Obama healed you he can tax you more .Big%20Smile
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Skunk View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 15:04
Taxes~McCain v Obama
By Average Joe, Today at 10:50

Why does McCain have to be gay?  Or are the taxes gay?
Let me give you my two scents worth
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 15:24

What do you think about this one ? ? ?

The Constitution is the supreme law in the United States

No judge or other governmental body, not even the Supreme Court, may override it in any circumstance!

Subject: I wonder if the judges will uphold this one..... 

Yikes, I hope this is true. Wow! Think about this. I always  thought that Clinton

had something on Obama. A birth certificate is a matter of public record. I wonder where it is. 

We know that Obama refuses to release his birth certificate, and for some

reason it is not on file in Hawaii , so this is interesting. Is Obama Legally Eligible to Serve as President? 

Here's something for you to ponder. 

SOME TIME AGO HILARY SAID SHE HAD SOMETHING ON OBAMA

THAT WOULD CHANGE THE ELECTION, AND THAT'S WHY SHE ONLY

SUSPENDED HER QUEST FOR THE PRESIDENCY. PAY CLOSE

ATTENTION TO THE TIME FRAME AS YOU READ THIS. 

This came from a USNA alumnus. It'll be interesting to see how the media

handles this. 

Barack Obama is not a legal U.S. natural-born citizen, according to the law

on the books at the time of his birth, which falls between December 24, 1952,

to November 13, 1986. Federal Law states that the office of President

requires a person be a natural-born citizen, if the child was not born to two U.S. citizen parents.

This is what exempts John McCain, though he was born in the US Panama Canal Zone . 

US Law very clearly states: '. . . if only one parent is a U.S. Citizen at the time

of one's birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for a minimum of ten years, five of which must be after the age of 16. Barack Obama's father was not a U.S. Citizen, that is a fact. 

Obama's mother was only 18 when Ob

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 15:33
HOLY CRAP!!!!! It can't possibly be that simple could it????? I mean really. Would the Dems put all of that into a man that could then so quickly be dismissed????? I hope they were that damned stupid.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 15:37
That has been going around in an email for a while now.  Snopes says it is not true and that he is a citizen, but it would be awesome if it were.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 15:41
Talk about knocking the wind out of my sail.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 15:44
This one is old, check www.snopes.com  if one is going to defeat an adversary, false tales hurt your cause when found out and people do check now days.
I think we should make a few changes in the way the government pays.
1. A Representative or congressman should not be able to vote on a bill unless he has read the bill. ( not have a lobbyist tell him what is in the bill)
2. He should only be paid in proportion to the number of bills he has voted on, 50 % votes only 50% salary.
3 No gifts or any thing including employment  from lobbyist or the corporations that employ them till 5 years after he has left office.
I get the feeling the government has not been paying a lot of attention to my suggestions over the past 70 years but it would be interesting to see the changes if the politicians had to exist like the self employed business man.
Duce  Smile
PS   Giving money to a politician is like giving a bottle of whiskey to an alcoholic, they will just keep coming back wanting more.

Duce
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2008 at 23:15
Remember what happens when a segment of the population discovers it can "vote" itself out of being taxed and have them imposed upon another segment of the population. Redistribution of wealth is just another form of tyranny.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2008 at 10:23
 I'll take any donations of redistribution of wealth anyone wants to deposit in my bank account .... and I don't want any " the check's in the mail "  fibs ....  LOL
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2008 at 11:09
Originally posted by mercenary1947 mercenary1947 wrote:

I'll take any donations of redistribution of wealth anyone wants to deposit in my bank account .... and I don't want any " the check's in the mail "  fibs ....  LOL
That's the key, Merc, WANTS to rather than FORCED to...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic