OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Lynx Optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astro8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lynx Optics
    Posted: August/15/2008 at 19:45
Check out these two websites listed below.  Lynx are the folks that make the Nightforce scopes for Lightforce.   They also make optics for some other well known names.

Perhaps Chris might give some thought to adding these scopes to his lineup.
For you folks that visit England, these scopes are sold in the better sporting good stores. Usually as a lower cost option to Schmidt & Bender scopes.   I am not aware of any one who sells these scopes in the U.S. market.

Only free men own guns, not slaves.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 20:58
They are supposed to be very good scopes. To me they look very much like Sightrons. 
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 21:29
I think Lynx is simply a distributor for Nightforce/Lightforce , as well as some of the other makes. Have some pretty nice stuff.
Derek
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 14:09
Heh guys Lnyx Optics is actualy a South African company. Their products are not bad for the price, they price lower than we what we would pay for a Leupold VX2. All their products are made in Japan. They are solidly built scopes and good value for the money, with pretty good optics. 
Some of their new line of scopes are built in the Nightforce Factory, but to my understanding they do not own Nightforce. 
A freind off mine uses one of these new scopes and I find the optics to be resonably good, he has one with an illuminated recticle. Lynx has opted for green dot, which works well at 

twilight and at night.

HuntMaster is correct they are simply distributor, for Nightforce amongst other products. 

The Binoculars that I have used impressed me more than the scopes, I would go as far as to say definately better than the Leupold Wind River Pinnacles I was comparing them too.
I was using the Series 44 8x42 this is a good product, well built with twist out eyecups and good optics. It has multicoat lenses is nitrogen filled and waterproof, although only to 1m.

All in all Lynx has some good products, if I remember right 8shots compared a Lynx scope against some others in another post.

The web address is actualy http://www.lynx.co.za

Regards Chris
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 19:27
Hey Chris ( Glock ) , I might be interestd in importing some of these optics to evaluate. What is the currency exchange rate in your country right now ? And what is the name of your currency ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Derek

P.s. what would you compare the Lynx line to as far as reliability and optical quality ?

Edited by HuntMaster - August/16/2008 at 19:31
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2008 at 03:16
Huntmaster the currency is known as Rands and as of today the exchange rate is R7.87 for one dollar. Good for you guys in the U.S.A bad for us.
Like I said they are really well made and solid, I would what put the optics on the professional series between a Leupold VX1 and a VX2 and the new LX series between a VX2 and a VX3. I dont know of anybody who has had any mechanical issues with these scopes, the only scope I have seen sent back. Was a guy who fell with his rifle and wanted it checked, not to say it dosnt happen I just havent seen or know of any.
As far as I can see the website is not up to date, it dosnt show all the LX scopes and there is now a LX2 according to a gundealer freind. I hope this helps you

Regards Chris

Edited by Glock - August/17/2008 at 03:17
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 05:36
Chris, I agree with you on the above. I have a Lynx 3-9x40 Professional series. The optics are in my opinion as good a my leupold VX3 under normal sunny conditions. I have not tested it for low light but cannot see any reason for it not to perform well in the optics dept.
One gripe I have is that the adjustment dials do not have a solid feel to it. The clicks are barely felt and definately not as good a feel as the Leupold.
For the price range the Lynx is excellent. A friend owns the 6-24 x 50 AO Lynx, and again it stands up very well to my Leupold 8,5-25 x 50, and it comes in at half the price!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2008 at 19:40
8shots and Glock, what kind of prices in Rands are we talking about for these optics. Primarily 50mm, 42mm, and 40mm  stuff. The website does not say, and I haven't gotten a response from them yet.
Kindest Regards,
Derek
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2008 at 12:52
Dereck I don't know all the prices but an ad in our local gun mag, puts a LX 3-10 x 40 at R3510 thats roughly 455 US Dollars. A 2-10 x 38 is R2500 thats 324 US Dollars, hope this helps you. I have emailed them as well and they are slow.

Regards Chris
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2008 at 20:51

Thanks for the info, Chris. They will be much higher than that after customs, brokerage, and bank fees kick in. I will try to obtain one, and see if it is worth the effort.

Derek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic