OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sightron Sll or Burris Fullfield 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sightron Sll or Burris Fullfield 2
    Posted: December/24/2004 at 20:28
Same price, many like features, both with good warranties........Stainless or nickle will do.  3x9x40 or 42      Which way to go?   Help    Phil
Rocky
BillD1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2004 at 22:20
Hello Rocky,

I think they are both winners, but Sightron did impress me with their warranties,customer service, and the quality of their SII 3x9x42 scope.  Recently I bought a SII 3x9x42 that appeared to not have been mounted on a rifle but did not have box.  I got it for a good price but noticed that both lenses had a film on the reflective surface.  So I called Sightron and they said they would check out the scope.  They received my scope and cleaned it and throughly checked it out.  They were prompt in their response and said that there was something on the surface but the were not sure what it was, but it has been corrected and the reflective surface was not damaged and the optics are crystal clear and they are.  When I received my scope back it was in a brand new sightron box with all the trimmings.  Yeah I guess now you can say I do have a NIB Sightron SII 3x9x42.  I have not mounted it on a rifle yet but after the holdays and deer season I put it on something just to see how it shoots.        
Bill D
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2004 at 04:13

I'm not saying the Sightron is better, but I agree with BillD. Sightron makes a hell of a nice scope.

I would probably buy one oevr the Burris, but only because I have had friends tell me what a great scope the SII is.....

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Rocky4u View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2004 at 08:47

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your replies.....as an update, I've ordered the Sightron.  Why? Well, first I wear glasses on occasion and the eye relief was greater on the Sll. Two, there was a small (2) mm increase in the O diameter. Three, This boards great people and their generous opinions. And 4, my always trying something new.

It's going on a Remington 700 LSS Mountain Rifle in 30-06 that I'll use for elk next year in Colorado. I already have a .280 in the same platform (execpt no laminated stock) that I really care for, but I'm kinda freaky for Laminated stocks. Who says you really need a good reason for adding a rifle to a collection anyway!

Merry Christas to all, and thanks for you help    Rocky

Rocky
Rocky4u View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2004 at 08:50

That's Christmas, not Christas....too much cheer here     Rocky

Rocky
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2004 at 09:09

Sightron SII has better optics than Fullfield II (but not as good as Signature Select).  For the money Sightron is hard to beat.

Ilya

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2004 at 14:39

the SII is going to be brighter than the FF2, but just baout everybody that has the FF2 loves the ballistic plex reticle.

coru

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
Rocky4u View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2005 at 19:47

Received my new Sightron 3x9x42 Sll New Years eve....I'm impressed. 

I went to the range and in 20 minutes was cookin' with Gasoline!  Clearer than my Fixed 6x42 Leupold. For you guys who don't know about Sightron (and I am one), buy them with confidence. They are that good....Rocky

Rocky
KYHunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2005 at 20:11
hint hint... Come on SWFA... We like you guys and would like to order our new Sightrons from you!
Earl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2005 at 18:33
I have owned an Sll 3x9x50 for a year it is one heck of a scope for the money. It has held zero quite well, the windadge and elevation movements seem accuate and precise. It works well in low light. Sightron would make a good addition to the SWFA line up.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2005 at 14:20

OK OK you talked us into it.  We will visit them at the SHOT show this year and add them to our line up.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2005 at 14:24

Anybody besides BillD1 ever used the Sightron CS dept??

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
lasttrack View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasttrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2005 at 15:05
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

OK OK you talked us into it.  We will visit them at the SHOT show this year and add them to our line up.

Great news Chris

Rocky4u View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2005 at 20:33
bump
Rocky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic