OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NIKON TEAM PRIMOS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NIKON TEAM PRIMOS
    Posted: August/14/2008 at 22:02
I WAS LOOKING AT THE NIKON TEAM PRIMOS AND WONDERING IF YOU COULD GET IT IN A 3X9X50/I LIKE A BIG FIELD OF VIEW/SOMEBODY TOLD ME IT HAD 95% LIGHT TRANSMISSION.IS IT COMPARIBLE TO THE ELITE 4200 3X9X 50/IF YOU GUYS HAVE ONE TELL ME HOW THEY ARE/IS THE TRACKING PRECISE/IS IT BRIGHT AT DARK/
countryboy appreciates
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2008 at 22:04
other than rainguard i couldnt pick a winner between my team primos my old monarch (last years) and my 4200 or the zeiss conqeust they are all that close i dont see the primos in a 50mm however.

Edited by pyro6999 - August/14/2008 at 22:06
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 03:27
The bigger objective won't increase your FOV.
countryboy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 09:21
THE LARGER THE LENSE ,THE MORE LIGHT IT TRANSMITTS,RIGHT
countryboy appreciates
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 09:49
Originally posted by countryboy countryboy wrote:

THE LARGER THE LENSE ,THE MORE LIGHT IT TRANSMITTS,RIGHT

NO !  That is a thought that is totally wrong .  It depends on the lenses .... the coatings and the design of the mechanics of a scope . And be very leary of those light transmission ratings .... most are a joke and are manufacturing hype tested by totally different means usually false . And the human eye cannot distinguish between 1-3 % difference in transmission anyway . You could have a 60mm objective dark ... blurry .... color smear ... crappy FOV  .... and virtually trash .

Edited by mercenary1947 - August/15/2008 at 09:53
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 12:18
I own two of the Team Primos and like them a lot. If you want a larger field of view I'd step down in magnification. For my new brush carbine I chose the Monarch in 2-8x32 just for the wider field of view. As a side benefit you can mount a smaller scope lower for a better cheek weld and it's lighter.

Field of view...
Team Primos 3-9x40: 33.8 - 11.3
Bushnell 4200 3-9x40: 33.8 - 11.5
Nikon Monarch 2-8x32" 46.2 - 11.5

NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 13:34

I WAS LOOKING AT THE NIKON TEAM PRIMOS AND WONDERING IF YOU COULD GET IT IN A 3X9X50/I LIKE A BIG FIELD OF VIEW/SOMEBODY TOLD ME IT HAD 95% LIGHT TRANSMISSION.IS IT COMPARIBLE TO THE ELITE 4200 3X9X 50/IF YOU GUYS HAVE ONE TELL ME HOW THEY ARE/IS THE TRACKING PRECISE/IS IT BRIGHT AT DARK/
..................CB.................What rifle and caliber are you putting a scope on?
FunShot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 03:54
If you want a good wide field of view, then i would not suggest the nikon. That long eye relief plus the design makes for a somewhat smaller image and less field of view as to a bushnell elite. That's just my observation though as a majority of my scopes are Nikons. Image is bright and clear though up to 12x and the 95% light transmission ratings seems legit and apparent specially in lowlight conditions, in the bright sunlight, i find it  hard but possible to tell the difference between a 89% and 95% LT rated scope. As a fellow poster mentioned in a different post, although image is bright and clear, color saturation seems to be a bit less on the nikon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 20:13
Originally posted by FunShot FunShot wrote:

If you want a good wide field of view, then i would not suggest the nikon.

Huh? Whats wrong with the Nikons FOV??
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 20:18

If you want a good wide field of view, then i would not suggest the nikon. That long eye relief plus the design makes for a somewhat smaller image and less field of view as to a bushnell elite. That's just my observation though as a majority of my scopes are Nikons. Image is bright and clear though up to 12x and the 95% light transmission ratings seems legit and apparent specially in lowlight conditions, in the bright sunlight, i find it  hard but possible to tell the difference between a 89% and 95% LT rated scope. As a fellow poster mentioned in a different post, although image is bright and clear, color saturation seems to be a bit less on the nikon.
really??

Bushnell 3-9x40 Elite 4200 Rifle Scope

Send this page to a friend
Specifications
Weight (oz): 13

Multi-X

Length (in): 12.6
Eye Relief (in): 3.3
Field of View @ 100yds (ft): 33.8 - 11.5
Exit Pupil (mm): 13.3 - 4.4
MOA: 1/4
Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
Warranty: Limited Lifetime

Read%20about%20SWFAs%20110%%20Low%20Price%20Guarantee
SWFA%202007%20Catalog Download or Order
Our Latest Catalog
Here

Nikon%203-9x40%20Team%20Primos%20Riflescope%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

Nikon 3-9x40 Team Primos Riflescope

Send this page to a friend

Key Features

• 95% light transmission
  • Fully multicoated lenses for unsurpassed light transmission/contrast
  • Nikon's famous super-high resolution lenses
  • One-piece main body tube construction
  • 100% Waterproof/Fogproof/Shockproof
  • Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed
  • Lifetime Full Warranty
Specifications
Weight (oz): 13

BDC

Length (in): 12.3
Eye Relief (in): 3.7 - 3.6
Field of View @ 100 yards (ft): 33.8 - 11.3
Exit Pupil (mm): 13.3 - 4.4
MOA: 1/4

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 20:22
Originally posted by sholling sholling wrote:

I own two of the Team Primos and like them a lot. If you want a larger field of view I'd step down in magnification. For my new brush carbine I chose the Monarch in 2-8x32 just for the wider field of view. As a side benefit you can mount a smaller scope lower for a better cheek weld and it's lighter.

Field of view...
Team Primos 3-9x40: 33.8 - 11.3
Bushnell 4200 3-9x40: 33.8 - 11.5
Nikon Monarch 2-8x32" 46.2 - 11.5

Good post!! Thunbs%20Up I like the way you think. Wink
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 20:49
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

My new brush carbine in .308.
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
countryboy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote countryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 20:53
Originally posted by Big Squeeze Big Squeeze wrote:

..................CB.................What rifle and caliber are you putting a scope on?
BIG SQUEEZE,I'T GOING ON A 270 WIN.  REMINGTON 700 BOLT -ACTION RIFLE.

countryboy appreciates
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 20:54
love the rifle dont love the caliber
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
FunShot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 23:34
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

really??

Yes sir, i am quite aware of the figures but i compared them side by side. Even at the same magnification. It just might appear that way because the image on the nikon is farther away from my eye because of that longer eye relief. It's even more apparent if you use a shorter eye relief scope like say my simmons old 44 mag. Definitely the field of view of the 44 mag is bigger, but the image on the nikon appears smaller at say the same magnification of 8x. I can just think it's just like watching two tvs with the same screen size but one is 4 inches away, although image should be the same dimensionally, because the other one is further away, it "appears" to have a smaller image because of the perspective. Smile
FunShot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2008 at 23:49

Nothing sir, i was just referring to the perspective i got as i compared a similar spec nikon monarch and elite 4200 side by side. Could have been just and adjustment with the eyepiece or a lot of things. I want the nikon to be better than the 4200 in every respect because i am a nikon fan, am from the phils and nikons are mostly made here, i'm just calling it as i see it. I even compared it with the new monarch and image is still "apparently smaller" from my perspective as compared to the elite 4200. Smile 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2008 at 07:15

Nothing sir, i was just referring to the perspective i got as i compared a similar spec nikon monarch and elite 4200 side by side. Could have been just and adjustment with the eyepiece or a lot of things. I want the nikon to be better than the 4200 in every respect because i am a nikon fan, am from the phils and nikons are mostly made here, i'm just calling it as i see it. I even compared it with the new monarch and image is still "apparently smaller" from my perspective as compared to the elite 4200. Smile 

I gotcha. Thanks.

(Writes FunShots name down on the Nikon Bashers List.) Wink 

Have a great day!! Big%20Smile   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2008 at 07:18

My new brush carbine in .308.

Now thats nice! Hogue stock?

Edited by cheaptrick - August/17/2008 at 07:18
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2008 at 08:36

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

really??

Yes sir, i am quite aware of the figures but i compared them side by side. Even at the same magnification. It just might appear that way because the image on the nikon is farther away from my eye because of that longer eye relief. It's even more apparent if you use a shorter eye relief scope like say my simmons old 44 mag. Definitely the field of view of the 44 mag is bigger, but the image on the nikon appears smaller at say the same magnification of 8x. I can just think it's just like watching two tvs with the same screen size but one is 4 inches away, although image should be the same dimensionally, because the other one is further away, it "appears" to have a smaller image because of the perspective. Smile
i own a fair amount of nikons, i too like there product, i also own a 4200 elite and also did two weeks of testing with a zeiss conquest thrown into the mix, and to be real honest i had a very hard time calling any of the scopes i tested better than any of the others they are that close, .3 isnt very much difference in the field of view especially on 3x so i feel thats a moot point.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
FunShot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunShot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2008 at 17:00
I totally respect your opinions sir pyro and chptrick, i'll be the first to admitt that i could be wrong. I'm most likely just trying too hard to see any difference. Anyway was pondering about it and like i said, it could have been just my eye on the eye focus thing being that they are adjusted or set differently and just put them side by side for only a couple of minutes.
As for the image being better it's just my personall preference. I kinda like a good color contrast image i find usually in lower light transmission  scopes like my 44 mag, legend,  buckmasters, and tasco varmint(was afraid to put this down) ONLY FOR DAYTIME, BRIGHT LIGHT CONDITION hunts. I'm astigmatic and my shooting eye is a 75 and when i'm out in bright daylight, i don't like using my corrective glasses but would prefer  mildy tinted shades for my eye. I find the lightly tinted shades  improve color contrast and is more soothing on the eye than my glasses which could explain why i prefer them crisp/clear lower light transmission scopes during the day. If only accessories like leupold alumina lens covers where readily available here, i would just use one for my monarch and see what it can do. For night time and specially lowlight/twighlight conditions though, "for me" the monarchs  the best among the scopes i own, even better than the 4200, which again could be point to some critism because i've read in a post here that the 4200 is/was tested better at lowlight conditions. Again, it could have been just my eye/perspective. Smile 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic