OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Just shot my "Squeezer Special"!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just shot my "Squeezer Special"!!
    Posted: August/13/2008 at 14:52
          Shot 22 rds of Winchester Super X 165gr.  Wasn't concerned with group size as I'll do that when I chronograph it(too sunny today). I'm really not concerned with the velocity but inquiring minds will want to know.  After 6 shts for adjustments to the scope,16 rds measured 3 1/8" @ 100yds.  Shot with a sleeveless t shirt on and honestly don't figure I'll need a recoil pad. Now,was it loud? Didn't take off the hearing protection to find out but  I'm afraid so. I could definitely tell the difference between it and my .300 which I also sighted in(only needed 4 shts with my new VXlll 1.75-6x32!). Other than MAYBE doing something with the stock and DEFINITELY the trigger(lighter spring I'm told will do it) I LIKE IT!

til later

Edited by 300S&W - August/13/2008 at 14:53
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 15:07
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Shot 22 rds of Winchester Super X 165gr.  Wasn't concerned with group size as I'll do that when I chronograph it(too sunny today). I'm really not concerned with the velocity but inquiring minds will want to know.  After 6 shts for adjustments to the scope,16 rds measured 3 1/8" @ 100yds.  Shot with a sleeveless t shirt on and honestly don't figure I'll need a recoil pad. Now,was it loud? Didn't take off the hearing protection to find out but  I'm afraid so. I could definitely tell the difference between it and my .300 which I also sighted in(only needed 4 shts with my new VXlll 1.75-6x32!). Other than MAYBE doing something with the stock and DEFINITELY the trigger(lighter spring I'm told will do it) I LIKE IT!

til later
......................I`m anxious too read your accuracy and chrony results from that shorty!!........ 30-06 right?
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 15:56
    Yea,.30-06.  When I do chronograph I plan on also shooting a 22"bbl or a 24"bbl .30-06 for comparison. I've got to do something with the trigger though.  It pulls consistant but is HEAVY.

til later
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 16:07
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Yea,.30-06.  When I do chronograph I plan on also shooting a 22"bbl or a 24"bbl .30-06 for comparison. I've got to do something with the trigger though.  It pulls consistant but is HEAVY.

til later
........3 to 3 1/2 pounds of pull would be OK for a hunting rifle..............Your velocity comparisons between the different barrels lengths, I`m predicting will be somewhere between 20 and 35 fps. per every inch of difference in length.

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2008 at 03:41
I find it difficult to get a small grouping with a heavy trigger. So maybe if you adjust it down, or get the softer spring it will be better.
Different ammo may also give different results.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2008 at 08:07
        Yea 8shots,bad triggers suck! I'll probably leave it as it is til after huntin season as it's already sited in and I've GOT TO finish up some other projects. The smith who repaired the bbl showed me that it's just a matter of knocking out a pin and replacing a spring that sits in a "cup" at the front of the trigger assembly. Except for the HEAVY pull the trigger is good but the smith also said that lightening up a trigger also can disclose other trigger problems.

til later
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic