OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pics of the back yard, sort of!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics of the back yard, sort of!
    Posted: August/12/2008 at 22:33
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 23:06
Can you hunt elk frm that thang. Dang nice I Say .....Dang nice!
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 23:09
One more.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 23:11
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

I have been scouting while I fly, but you can't actually hunt from it, unless you are hunting coyotes.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 23:15
I probably wouldn't know the difference. HE HE HE

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 23:53
KEWL!!!Thunbs%20Up
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 03:23
Those are very nice pics and thank you for sharing. You seem to really enjoy what you are doing!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 05:02
Great looking sky and photos.  Very good "light".  I like those pictures!  Thunbs%20Up
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 05:58
Great pictures

Duce  Smile
Duce
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 09:14
Very nice thanks for sharing
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 11:59
Helo, I hope you have an album, electronic or otherwise, that you are keeping all those pictures in.  Very nice.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 13:33
MAN, thats so cool!!! Thunbs%20Up
Thanks for sharing those!!
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 20:01
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Helo, I hope you have an album, electronic or otherwise, that you are keeping all those pictures in.  Very nice.

I do have an album of all of those, and many more that I have not posted yet.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 22:03
When did your avitar change? Cool...ing. With a splash of heat.

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 22:28

When did your avitar change? Cool...ing. With a splash of heat.

A month or two ago I think.  It is kinda my dream chopper.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 22:41
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

Those are very nice pics and thank you for sharing. You seem to really enjoy what you are doing!

I absolutely love flying! Big%20Smile I can't wait till I can fly full time.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 00:42
Good  work on the photos. Top photo a little cropping will help this image. A moving object should have more room in front of it than behind it.  Rule of thirds - the power points of impact in an image are at the third positions take a image imagine it split into equal thirds both vertically and horizontally the intersection of the verticle and horizontal lines is where you want the subject. for example a small child sitting in a field looking and facing left should be in the lower right third with more room in front of him than behind him. Same with Helicopters. Take that first image and play with it on the computer and see if cropping some of the area away from the tail rotor while leaving room in front for it to move into doesnt help the image.  And a nother tidbit just for fun - many awesome portraits are made by use of window light this type of photo is often enhanced by adding fill light from a "reflector " pannel  (a piece of  white foamcore or white poster board or for a stronger fill add some aluminum foil to a piece of cardboard and use it to bounce light back toward the sjubject.  Bouncing light is like playing pool - the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection.  Try this with a white card or eaven a mirror to get the idea of what angle throws light back into the shadow side.    Helo18 you live in a beautiful place and you have the ability with a little refinement to create some art grade images you are on the right track.
The image of the helicopter blade at an angle works nicely - leading lines help draw the eye in the direction of the primary subject.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - August/15/2008 at 00:44

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 00:48

The real advantage is you could use it to haul the elk out.

Can you imagine how much fun it would be to hunt coyotes from a helicopter that would be awesome.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 06:44
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Good  work on the photos. Top photo a little cropping will help this image. A moving object should have more room in front of it than behind it.  Rule of thirds - the power points of impact in an image are at the third positions take a image imagine it split into equal thirds both vertically and horizontally the intersection of the verticle and horizontal lines is where you want the subject. for example a small child sitting in a field looking and facing left should be in the lower right third with more room in front of him than behind him. Same with Helicopters. Take that first image and play with it on the computer and see if cropping some of the area away from the tail rotor while leaving room in front for it to move into doesnt help the image.  And a nother tidbit just for fun - many awesome portraits are made by use of window light this type of photo is often enhanced by adding fill light from a "reflector " pannel  (a piece of  white foamcore or white poster board or for a stronger fill add some aluminum foil to a piece of cardboard and use it to bounce light back toward the sjubject.  Bouncing light is like playing pool - the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection.  Try this with a white card or eaven a mirror to get the idea of what angle throws light back into the shadow side.    Helo18 you live in a beautiful place and you have the ability with a little refinement to create some art grade images you are on the right track.
The image of the helicopter blade at an angle works nicely - leading lines help draw the eye in the direction of the primary subject.

I have heard the rule of thirds applied to the sky.  1/3 sky or 1/3 land.  I will have to remember that on moving objects.  I have seen my uncle use the reflecter boards in his photo business.  They are fun to play with.  I might have to buy a fold down one to carry in my truck.

I will crop the top one and repost it.  Thanks for all the hints and advice.  Helps me get better.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 06:47
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

The real advantage is you could use it to haul the elk out.

Can you imagine how much fun it would be to hunt coyotes from a helicopter that would be awesome.

I would love to try coyote hunting from a helicopter!  But I don't think insurance would cover that right now.

I went flying last night.  Took some friends up.  We say about 200 head of elk and some nice bulls too.   Also saw four bears.  A boar and a sow with three cubs.  I am waiting to see if they got some pics for me.  The only dissadvantage to being the pilot, is you can't take pictures.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic