OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Disrespecting the Vote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disrespecting the Vote
    Posted: August/11/2008 at 17:09
8/8/2008
From Wayne LaPierre's blog

"Try me boy, you better not/
Shawty and I'm very hot/
Toting forty cap, forty five nine's every glock/
Blow you up in that very spot you standing in/
Then vanishing/
Undo this mañana then, throw away this can and then/
Back to poppin' mo and blow and dro and money handlin'"

-T.I.  "Hands Up"

Do these sound like the lyrics of someone who should be welcomed with open arms by D.C. politicians? It's unbelievable, but it's true. D.C. Councilwoman Yvette Alexander praised the rapper T.I. when he arrived in our nation's capitol as part of the "Respect My Vote" campaign. 

Alexander told a local radio station that "we need the persons who really reach out to our young people in the community to let them know that voting is necessary, voting is cool, and your voice and your vote counts."  

But Alexander didn't tell that radio station that T.I. is a convicted felon who has forfeited his right to vote because of his convictions for illegally buying machine guns, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and other charges. In a city plagued by violent crime, law-abiding gun owners are being vilified daily, but this guy is welcomed with open arms? Do you think this might be part of the reason why crime is so rampant in Washington, D.C.?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2008 at 17:13
Yes, I think what is happening in D.C. is a Crime.  Oh, I'm sorry, your talking about what's happening in the streets of D.C.!!!   That too!!!!

Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2008 at 18:07
In a city where they re-elect convicted felons to office and use a convicted felon as a role model; why wouldn't they be big supporters of gun control! They want a safe work environment for all their freinds (who happen to be felons), and have plenty of job opportunities (defensless victims).Shooter
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2008 at 19:24
Monkey see Monkey Do!
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2008 at 19:29
I think we should leave the people and move the capitol and the government to another place!!....................(but who would want them !??)  Google%20It      Shocked
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 18:22
Don't send them southward, well atleast not south as in geography anyways.Devil
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 20:09
 I don't know if you all see it on the news ... but they walk right up to autos at stop lights on DC streets and shoot motorists for no reason at all . No wonder a convicted cocaine addict as you said is their hero .... what incentive does it give the kids there ???
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2008 at 22:30
The year is 1907, one hundred years ago......   

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907;   

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic