OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

nikon monarch scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwtz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nikon monarch scopes
    Posted: December/24/2004 at 09:06

I have a 2 year old Nikon Monarch 3x9x40 on a Tikka deluxe .270.  Is it me, or does anybody else notice that with your gun bagged up( not touching it), and the scope on target, the crosshairs (reticle) seem to move around as you approach the scope? This seems to happen whether I'm looking through a full glass, or getting adjusted and comfortable getting ready to shoot. I have never had this happen to me on my old faithful Bushnell ! The angle at which you look through the scope seems to cause the POI to move around! I have never had this happen before .

Thanks, Z-28

Somebody View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Somebody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2004 at 09:53

You seem to be describing a parallax problem for the range you are shooting.  Some information about parallax can be found here:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/SFAQ.HTM#18

dwtz28 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwtz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2004 at 22:12

O K , What can I do to my scope if I have a parallax problem? Somebody, I hear what you are saying, but, what can I take to cure my " illness " ?

Thanks, Z-28

redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2004 at 14:42

your monarch is set to be parralax free at 100 yards, and is not adjustable, and you ussually wont notice parralax after 100 yards either, but under 100, your going to notice some movement in the scope (parralax), and it cannot be fixed becuase its set for 100 yards. sounds like you need a scope with a A/O.

cory

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, I'll be only one of millions!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic