OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

700 PSS, 6.8, MKIV LR/T M1, PVS22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 700 PSS, 6.8, MKIV LR/T M1, PVS22
    Posted: August/08/2008 at 16:20
If you read that title and knew what it meant, you might be a gun nut.

I am finishing up this build today.  It is a Remington 700 PSS chambered in 6.8 Rem. SPC, mounting holes drilled to 8/40, McCann Industries mount, Millet Tactical rings, Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40 LR/T with M1 turrets, illuminated mil-dot reticle, Shilen trigger (2.5 lbs.) and OH YEAH a friggin' PVS-22 in front. Oh%20Yea%20Baby

Edited by Chris Farris - August/08/2008 at 16:22
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 16:40

6.8`

What no flash hider or Can?Stiring%20The%20Pot Where'd the Ninja smiley go?

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 16:51

We don't need no stinkin' hiders or cans.  Who you callin' a ninja?  I know the mount is a little ninja like but there are not too many options for mounting the 22.  I could do with out the picatinny wings on both sides.  Thinking  Maybe I'll invent a picatinny IPOD adapter and mount it there, that would be extra Ninja.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 16:53
Well if you are going to do that, you might as well add the coffee maker attachment and the blender attachment.

Looks cool, but I am thinking you better get a Karsten cheek piece for that bad boy.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 17:13
Needs a holo sight on top and a Can.  That way you do not flare out the PVS-22
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 17:26
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Well if you are going to do that, you might as well add the coffee maker attachment and the blender attachment.

Looks cool, but I am thinking you better get a Karsten cheek piece for that bad boy.  

Good idea, I just ordered one next day air.

I built this to demo the NV to a local PD that has some Federal grant money under the Homeland Security Act.  They want two maybe three depending on how well it performs.  They initially were looking at doing a night only scope ala ATN.  I tried to get them to consider a PVS-14 set up for their gas guns behind EOTechs but they have to have magnification and want it to function on bolt guns.  So we are going this route.  The nice thing about the 22s is that you can bounce it from gun to gun (if the gun is set up) and best of all if they set up their gas guns properly it go on them too and none of the rifles loose their day time ability.

Here it is on a AR with a Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T 1-3 (which works really nice with a 22 btw).

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 17:31
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Needs a holo sight on top and a Can.  That way you do not flare out the PVS-22

It's a 26" barrel so I am hoping the flare will not be too bad.  I'll find out this weekend.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 17:40
Nice rig, Chris!  Make a sketch of your picatinny IPOD adapter and I'll make a CAD drawing of it for you and line up a manufacturer for a paltry 25% of the profits off your invention!Cool
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 21:23
6.5 creedmoor would have been better
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 21:33
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

6.5 creedmoor would have been better

Whenever you decide to build one then you should do that. Loco
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 21:39
im just surprised that mr. 6.5 jumped shipp for a 6.8.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2008 at 14:43

Last I checked Remington was not chambering their PSS in a 6.5 anything.  This rifle's sole purpose in life is to provide a stable platform for the Leupold and PVS-22 so that the NVD can be demo'd to a few local agencies.  The rifle is not going to Africa and is not going to be used for 1000 yard competitions.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2008 at 17:31
oh so this isnt a custom built rifle then, i see sorry i blew up
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2008 at 22:02
Chris, I think you should build this for your next demo rifle for the departments, it seems to me it would be a great weapon.

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2008 at 22:06
if you cant shoot them you  can at least blind them and stab them thats another show
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 12:41
Nice looking rig.  I didn't know you built customs on the side...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2008 at 13:34

We do a lot of customs rifles builds, well not really builds more like assemblies.  I usually let Shillen do any accuracy work on them because we don't have the equiptment or know how.

If we are demoing some type of optic to a department I prefer to have it all set up on a working rifle that they can relate to, saves a lot of time too.

This one will be up for sale on GunBroker (minus the 22) once we're done with it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic