OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaswol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie
    Posted: August/08/2008 at 09:39
First, the introduction, my name is Chris, semi retired - meaning I could shoot twice a week easily.  Always shot a rifle very well but never had a rifle with a scope.  Not a hunter, a little varmit shooting, mostly target out to 300 yds. I now have a Stag 4L with BUIS, an AR10A4C with BUIS and an AR10T with nothing mounted.  I am convinced after lurking for 6 weeks that the SS10x42M is the was to go for a FIRST scope for all three rifles.  My question is what is the best mount/rings so that I can easily move the scope from rifle to rifle.  I am looking for high quality since this combo will be a keeper on one rifle or another.
Thanks,
Chris
"To serve and protect my family and others..."
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 11:54
welcome
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 12:31
I think burris XTR's would be nice for you.I might be wrong I have been known to be once.

welcome.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 14:38
Welcome to Optics Talk, Chris!!

Since all 3 rifles are AR's, I'd recommend quick detachable, 30mm rings like these.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 15:24
I hate vertically split rings. They're just a pain to mount. I'm not an AR guy so assuming it's a Picatinny rail I'd be looking at Burris Xtreme Tactical rings. They can be ordered in 1" or 30mm in various heights.

You could even go with an optional Picatinny cap on one so that you can top the scope with a holographic sight.

NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
seaswol View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaswol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 21:54
yes, the Burris would do, how about: http://www.swfa.com/pc-6096-123-arms-22m-throw-lever-30mm-rings.aspx ?

The Pic rail on the upper ring half would add flexibility for later.  Does anyone sell the set including the pic rail ring or is that an only add on?
Thanks,
Chris
"To serve and protect my family and others..."
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2008 at 00:54
It's like a $15-20 add-on. 

Edited by sholling - August/09/2008 at 00:54
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic