OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Just finished a "Squeezer Special"!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just finished a "Squeezer Special"!
    Posted: August/07/2008 at 20:51
           I had to have the barrel cut down on this S&W Husqvarna .30-06 due to a bulge in it. Finished out at 17 3/4". I won't be able to shoot it til next week. Oughta be a trip!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:02
ought to be a noisy s.o.b too
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:28
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

I had to have the barrel cut down on this S&W Husqvarna .30-06 due to a bulge in it. Finished out at 17 3/4". I won't be able to shoot it til next week. Oughta be a trip!!
.........................I like the looks of my namesake!!! Your barrel is 1 1/4" longer than on my 300 WSM Frontier! It shouldn`t be any more noisier than mine is, which in my opinion is no different than a 24"......

If you can and if its comfortable, cut down the LOP to about 12.5".....You`d be surprised at what a difference an inch or an inch and a half can make, in shouldering speed with less interference by clothing....It will be quicker..............Maybe a scout scope too?  

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:35
yeah squeeze but your 3/4 deaf anyway, they all sound same to you
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:54
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

yeah squeeze but your 3/4 deaf anyway, they all sound same to you
.................Wanna bet?Stiring%20The%20Pot
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 22:02
no need to bet, im always right just ask me, my hearing is better than yours with ease, hell dog whistles at the right frequency will drop me to the ground.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 22:04
Roll%20on%20Floor%20Laughing
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 22:04

no need to bet, im always right just ask me, my hearing is better than yours with ease, hell dog whistles at the right frequency will drop me to the ground.
...............Your wife would disagree with THAT!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 06:15
selective hearing and hearing loss are two totally different things
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 07:10
Wait  a minute till I turn up my hearing aid...

Now what were you two guys talking about??

p.s. 300S&W - looks like a fun rifle to me.  I have shot short barreled rigs for the last 20 years and I can still almost hear right.
God save the Empire!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 07:37
HUH????? WHAT?????? I can't hear a thing you guys are talking about.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 08:52
somebody say something ??
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 09:05

selective hearing and hearing loss are two totally different things
....................YEAH!!!!..............YOU GOT`S BOTH!!!!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 09:50
         Ruined my hearing YEARS ago. To many years of Homelite chainsaws,heavy equipment,etc.  The hearing loss I can live with but this damn ringing don't get it at all!
          About that stock.  12.5" lop w/a 1/2" recoil pad works about right for me but my understanding is that there weren't to many rifles of this configuration w/cheek piece imported so I really don't want to mess with the stock. Also understand that aftermarket stocks might be a problem finding for this action. What I'd really like is a stock of this configuration but 3" shorter at the forend,correct lop w/1/2" recoil pad,and barrel band swivel stud. Any contacts for stocks?
            Oh,in case anyone wants to know the rifle weighs 7lb 2oz as in the pictures.

til later
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 10:10
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Ruined my hearing YEARS ago. To many years of Homelite chainsaws,heavy equipment,etc.  The hearing loss I can live with but this damn ringing don't get it at all!
          About that stock.  12.5" lop w/a 1/2" recoil pad works about right for me but my understanding is that there weren't to many rifles of this configuration w/cheek piece imported so I really don't want to mess with the stock. Also understand that aftermarket stocks might be a problem finding for this action. What I'd really like is a stock of this configuration but 3" shorter at the forend,correct lop w/1/2" recoil pad,and barrel band swivel stud. Any contacts for stocks?
            Oh,in case anyone wants to know the rifle weighs 7lb 2oz as in the pictures.

til later
..............A shorter fore-end by 3" to 4" would look better and be better porportioned to the shorter tube.............You can also have that stock`s fore-end cut down, rounded off and re-shaped, as there may not be any after market stocks available for that action....While your at it, have the stock custom bedded and free floated too.......................
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 11:07
       Don't think the Swedes didn't know how to build a rifle!  They pillar bedded the tang of the stock and then by tightening the front action screw good the barrel is free floated. I did relieve a bit of forend on the left side as it was a bit to close.  I like the idea of a short rounded front end and just happen to have someone to do it.  Gonna check on the value of this stock first as someone may need one to refurb their Husqvarna.

til later
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2008 at 22:30
My Dad has shot a Husqvarna Carbine (18" bbl) since 1972. He LOVES that gun. I'm considering cuttin down the barrel on my Husky.
I shoot both a Remington 742 and 760 carbines. I switched powders to a faster burning and found the muzzle blast and flash much easier to handle.
I'll post my load tomorrow when I get to the house.

Nice riffle!!!!

Found it..............46 gr IMR 3031, CCI large Riffle primer, and a 165 gr Core Lokt. Book has a safe range of 44-49 grs. Try it. You'll like it!!!!

Edited by scubasteve - August/11/2008 at 22:38
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 08:09
Here's a 4 bore to try out.........if you fellers can hear me.............Bucky

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 09:26
         THANKS ss! Not sure if I'm going to keep this rifle yet but if I do I'm going with 165gr bullets. Going to WalMart now to pick up some Winchester 165gr ammo to try out.
          Hey Ed,that looks like a super size .22 long rifle!!

til later
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 11:01
oh, yeah!  I had my reading glasses on!!  Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic