OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The Warden's "wood splittin machine".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Warden's "wood splittin machine".
    Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:21

Wink

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:28
Excellent   
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:30
Ed, I gotta ask.  Where do you come up with all these pics so fast?  It's like you have at least one pic for every other post on the forum.  Your a pic posting maniac. Mooner
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:35
Oh and Cheap, that is a nice heap of wood you have there. Thunbs%20Up  Reminds me of growing up.  We used to go in the mountains and haul wood almost every weekend all summer long.  Good times.

I would be careful about posting pics of that on the web though.  The libs will see you are a man of preparedness and decide that you need to share that wood with all the idiots that are not.  

Edited by supertool73 - August/07/2008 at 17:35
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:37
Thanks, Ed.

Those "slices" you see mixed in the pile are shag bark hickory and them things just DON'T like to split. I cut them in slices and leave them to dry.
Hickory makes excellent firewood, but theres a reason they use it to make ax handles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:43
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I would be careful about posting pics of that on the web though.  The libs will see you are a man of preparedness and decide that you need to share that wood with all the idiots that are not.  

Get ya some!! Wink

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:45
Eek Holy smokes, I am seeing a rule 2 violation.  That thing is pointed right at me.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:47

Oh and Cheap, that is a nice heap of wood you have there. Thunbs%20Up  Reminds me of growing up.  We used to go in the mountains and haul wood almost every weekend all summer long.  Good times.

What kind of wood ya'll got there?

I have a load or two of poplar coming Monday from a friend. It's been cut and split and stacked for 4 years. VERY dry. I use poplar to help get my hardwood going. We use red and white oak, hickory and cherry from time to time.
Lot of folks don't like poplar around here, so it sells pretty cheap. I like it myself.   

Edited by cheaptrick - August/07/2008 at 17:48
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:50
We would haul blue spruce, aspen, oak, douglas fur.  I was just knee high to a grasshoper back in those days.  I was mostly just a long for the ride.  I would help where I could but most the time I was to small to carry the logs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 17:51

Eek Holy smokes, I am seeing a rule 2 violation.  That thing is pointed right at me.  

Fear not....It's not loaded. Bucky 
(Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that one.) Cencored
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 18:37

That's not a rule 2 violation.  Rule 2 specifically states that you don't point a weapon at anything that you aren't willing to destroy.

You, he is willing to destroy. Big%20Grin
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 18:48
I was actually more worried about my monitor.  That baby is a 22inch widescreen.  

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 19:09
Hey CT you a LEO?
Answer optional
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 19:15

Ed, I gotta ask.  Where do you come up with all these pics so fast?  It's like you have at least one pic for every other post on the forum.  Your a pic posting maniac. Mooner

The student is now teaching the master.  Wink
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 19:17
Awesome Mark!! 
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 19:18
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Hey CT you a LEO?
Answer optional
hell no mark is a cranky assed concrete guy!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 20:07
 Very nice winter supply of firewood you've got there, Mark!

"What's a winter?" you might ask, being a Southern gentleman and all.

Well my boy, pull up a stump and set a spell while I stoke up my pipe and commence to tell you of the Great Wisconsin Winter of '07-08...

(Actually, I didn't think it was all that Great!)

Edited by RONK - August/07/2008 at 20:09
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:10
i think mark needs some birch and black walnut for the ole fire box!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 21:52
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Wink

needs no gas, but can have a bad attitude!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 23:11
The warden,,,,will turn you into another,,,,"COOL HAND LUKE"..................Laugh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic