OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

tc icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tc icon
    Posted: August/06/2008 at 13:45
does anyone know when tc will come out with a long action icon
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 16:02

Its already available, right now.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
hunterj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 20:52
where is it available?
its not on tc's website
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 21:16
Off the TC website.
\\\\ ICON CLASSIC
Model Caliber Barrel Finish Stock Details
No. 5540 270 Win 24" Blued Walnut Hinged Floorplate
No. 5542 30-06 Springfield 24" Blued Walnut Hinged Floorplate
No. 5544 300 Win Mag 24" Blued Walnut Hinged Floorplate
No. 5546 7mm Rem Mag 24" Blued Walnut Hinged Floorplate

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
hunterj View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 22:12
sorry i meant to specify on the original icon not classic or ws
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 14:45
I'm guessing they won't!  At least not for several years.  

What has anyone heard or seen about their 30TC? 
take em!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 14:48
I don't think there is much of a point to the 30 TC.  Basically a slightly hopped up .308 and I mean slightly.  That will cost you more to feed it and be harder to find ammo for.  Some of these new rounds I just don't understand.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Icon View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2011 at 11:26
little late in replying but:  I bought a 30TC a couple of years ago.  i also own the Rem model 700 BDL 270 cal. that i used for years. After using the 30TCtopped with swarski 3x9, i have never used the Rem. again.  I actually purchased another 30TC Icon since I got a VERY good deal on it.  Then i bought the Venture 223. I own 3 TC's now.

I think TC's are the most accurate gun I've ever had (and that's been 38 years of Remington)

If you get a chance (if you haven't done so already) invest in the Icon 30TC.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2011 at 15:19
Welcome to O.T Icon   i recently purchased the icon precision hunter with a little skepticism because i also was a remington kind of guy until other manufactures like tikka offered guaranteed accuracy.this is one of the things that steered me towards the t/c. they guarantee sub-moa with the ph model. i have mine in the 308cal and so far it has not disappointed me. its only been to the range 1 time sorry to say but i am thinking she may be a keeper. i think with more time i should get better results Wink

"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic