OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski fogging????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leica man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 13:14
I had a pair of swaros last year (8x30 SLC). I returned them because i had the same problem. They kept fogging up!! I hunt whitetails in kansas and sheep in the western states and i had nothing but trouble. Sent in for a new pair  and the same thing happened. Decided to return and bought a pair of Leica 8x32 ultravid and they are great! Clarity is better too!
I flat out catch trout
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2008 at 21:24
Normally it's very cool in the morning where we hunt, I'm wearing a light jacket, the bino's are usually resting just inside my jacket for quick access and not hanging out to possibly get caught on something while stalking. Last weekend, I did one of my typical treks hiking a couple of miles in the early morning down a hill, across a small creek, up another hill, though a wooded meadow, then up a small but very steep knoll. From there, I'll sit and scope a large area for deer. By the time I plop my butt down and pull out my binos I've worked up a little sweat and in the past  I've found that my Leupold Olympics would usually fog up after I pulled them out. This is probably from being kept in my jacket, my sweating and then the cool air. Last weekend doing the same walk with my EL's, no fogging, amazing clarity and color.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic