OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Case For Bushnell Discoverer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Case For Bushnell Discoverer
    Posted: July/29/2008 at 14:20
I'm looking for a carrying case for my Bushnell Discoverer spotting scope. Something that doesn't cost more than the scope. Any ideas? Something reasonably protective for trips to the range and storage at home. Prefer under $100 less is better.

NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2008 at 14:25
My dad built a nice bag for his out of a backpack that had a 3/4 around zipper and some foam.  He glued several large pieces of foam together and fit it to the pack and then cut out a slot in the foam for the scope.  It works really well and gives it tons of protection.  
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2008 at 19:24
My grandmother made a couple of bags out of  old denim jeans and some batting for my dad and uncle to carry their Discoverers around in.  They have been in service for many, many years now and have held up fantastically well.   They were cheap too.

My dad eventually lost his on a hunting trip one year so; I made him a replacement out of some elk leather. He's still using that one today.

I think Crooked Horn Outfitters has some kind of a spotting scope pack that you can buy.  At least, I thought it was CHO when I saw it at Sportsman's Warehouse awhile back.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2008 at 19:44
Thank you. I really like the look of that Crooked Horn and for the $65 for the large it's perfect. I think I'll get it. As an FYI I also found this today for $20.

Thanks again!

Galileo Telescope and Tripod Shoulder Case

• Protect your telescope and tripod with this durable shoulder case by Galileo
  • Telescope accessory made from heavy-duty Cordura nylon
  • Shoulder case features separate storage compartment for tripod
  • Includes storage pouch with zipper closure
  • Heavy-duty shoulder strap for portability
  • Storage capability for a tube 7.5 inches wide x 27 inches high
  • Tripod compartment measures 4 inches wide x 26 inches high
  • Storage pouch is 10 inches high x 8 inches wide x 2 inches deep
  • Telescope Shown not included

NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic