OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

This guy has been everywhere in Texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This guy has been everywhere in Texas
    Posted: July/29/2008 at 14:03
I bet he has a story or two after that road trip.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2008 at 15:49
That made me HOMESICK

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 12:07
 WOW !!!!!!!!!!!  Beyond cool ..... made me envious ! Fabulous work creating that video !
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 12:17
Man that made Me envious TOO....
I remember driving from Mare Island Calif. to Birmingham in 39 hours.  18 hours of it was in the state of Texas. so 10,600 miles does not surprise me at all.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 12:21

Excellent   Excellent   Excellent   Thunbs%20Up  
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 12:35
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Man that made Me envious TOO....
I remember driving from Mare Island Calif. to Birmingham in 39 hours.  18 hours of it was in the state of Texas. so 10,600 miles does not surprise me at all.

We are located in Dallas and when we traveled to California to do the Pomona gun show, El Paso was the half way point.  It always sucked making the trip back because we would get excited when we saw the Welcome To Texas sign thinking we are getting close, then reality would set in that we were still 1 day away.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 13:53
Thats awsome. If he drove that much in Ga well he wouldn't be in ga anymore.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 13:57
That reminds me of the Texan OT member who was bragging that his ranch was so big that if he got in his truck and tried to drive around it, it would take him a week to which the OT member from North Carolina replied, " Yep Ted,  I used to have a truck like that once".
God save the Empire!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 14:14
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Thats awsome. If he drove that much in Ga well he wouldn't be in ga anymore.

I don't remember any references to towns down in the valley, either.....!!  There's a whole lot of Texas that he didn't mention!!!   Bandito   
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 14:36
It takes at the most 4 hours to go east to west thru Ga and maybe 6 or 7 to go south to north thru Ga.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 14:47
That was cool!
Nope, no place quite like Texas.

Got my first and only tattoo in Lubbock in '84 @ Ron's Tattoo Parlor on Ave. Q , IIRC.   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
wagonwheel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wagonwheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 14:55
Texas is amazing!  that makes me want to drink some Lonestar beer and listen to Bob Wills. 
Kris Kristoferson: Why do people hate france? They have wine, beautiful women and 400 different kinds of cheese.

Waylon Jennings: Hell Hoss, you can get all that in Ft. Worth!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 19:31
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

It takes at the most 4 hours to go east to west thru Ga and maybe 6 or 7 to go south to north thru Ga.
Provided you don't get pulled for speeding....
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2008 at 19:40
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

That made me HOMESICK

I agree, Texas will always be second home to me. I really miss the Guadalupe, and Lake Fork.
They left out Atlanta, Nacogdoches, DingDong, and alot of others..... Shoulda made the song longer.....Yippee
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 14:18
Here is the Kilgore Public Library in Kilgore, Texas. This building was built in the 1930s and is in the Norman style. A really beautiful building that I really love.  I spent a lot of time in there. They also used to conduct pre-school reading events, too.  There are at least two residences in town that were modeled after this building's architecture.  Bandito

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 14:21
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Here is the Kilgore Public Library in Kilgore, Texas. This building was built in the 1930s and is in the Norman style. A really beautiful building that I really love.  I spent a lot of time in thereThey also used to conduct pre-school reading events, too.  There are at least two residences in town that were modeled after this building's architecture.  Bandito

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPLAINES ALOT

Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 14:24

Shocked
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2008 at 19:07
Right before entering the Army, I took off on a six week "tour" of Texas. Boy, that video really did bring back a lot of memories. Homesickness sets in...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic