OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Talley Lightweights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sun-up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talley Lightweights
    Posted: December/19/2004 at 19:42
I've read several articles about Talley bases and rings and thinking seriously about a set for a model 700. I read on their web site where the standard one inch low rings will work with any scope up to 44 mm. I use 40 mm scopes on my rifles and like to set them up where the scope is low as possible. How does the low talley rings compare say to leupold low rings as far as scope height is concerned? One more thing has anyone tried the Lightweight one-piece aluminum mounts that talley offers? Thanks
300rem7 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300rem7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2004 at 12:08

I have a set of the one piece on a rem m7 300saum with a nimrod 6x40. I really like the and have not had any problems with them.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2004 at 17:50

They are more like Leupold medium height.

I am switching all of my guns to the new light weight aluminum ring/base combo I am so impressed with them.  Having the base and ring as one unit eliminates one piece of the puzzle that can come lose.  Only downside is you have no windage adjustment on the ring which should be no problem assuming the holes in the receiver were drilled correct.

lasttrack View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasttrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2005 at 19:18

Chris

Does Talley aluminum ring/base combo's come in silver or just black?

And what is a good ring & base set up, for a Thompson/encore barrel and Zeiss scope?

Any info will help......Thanks  

philgood80 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philgood80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2005 at 21:04

Chris,

With a Win. Model 70 Coyote, and a Bushnell 5-15x40 Elite 3200, can I get by with Talley one-piece bases/rings in low, or should I get the mediums?

Philip

philgood80 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philgood80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2005 at 11:36

Chris? Anyone?  I need some input.  I can't get the rings until I know if I should get the lows or the mediums.  Thanks again

Philip

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic