OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Finnfire Varmit P94S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culpeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finnfire Varmit P94S
    Posted: July/23/2008 at 22:41
I need some recommendations for scope mounts and scope for a new Sako Finnfirie Varmit P94S.  My budget for a scope is $400-$600.  I need it in 3-9x40.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2008 at 02:06
That's one fine rifle! As far as scopes go, $400-600 3-9x scopes for are a little out of my area of expertise. Generally speaking for a rimfire you're going to either want the objective to be factory set at to be parallax free at 50 yards; or use a scope with an adjustable objective - something rare in a 3-9. Two possibilities (I'm sure someone will come up with more). For hunting/plinking you could pick up a Leupold VX-II 3-9x33 EFR rimfire scope for $370, or pick up a Leupold 3-9x40 VX-II centerfire scope for $300 and sent it in to Leupold to have the parallax reset (~$75-100) to 50yds. I have no doubt that one of the gurus will come up with other options.

I looked it up and just as I thought it has 11mm mounting grooves in the receiver. That doesn't leave you a lot of choices for rings and a lot will depend on what scope you end up with. I know Leupold does make some 1" 11mm rings in various heights. 
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Ram 2500 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram 2500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2008 at 03:07
This is what I have on my Tikka T3 22-250 varmint. weaver bases and weaver scope rings. Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 with the BDC reticles it is a great scope for around $450 .00. I would not waste my money on any leupold scope. I'm able to get 1/4 group with 3 shoots at 250. I am zeroed at 200 yards
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2008 at 03:57
Zeiss has a rimfire in the Conquest line.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

culpeper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culpeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2008 at 22:57
Thanks guys.  I looked at everything recommended and then some.  Settled for the Clearidge RM model.  Here are some pics of the Finnfire practice rifle with scope and the M700.  The Finnfire weights as much as the USMC sniper rifle.

http://www.myculpeper.com/JDsako/sakom40.htm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic