OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Japan binoculars makers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NightFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2008 at 23:48
I called Nitrex Optics today and talked to a very pleasant woman. I asked her the origin of their binoculars and she confirmed that they are made by Light Optical Works. This makes sense as this company is owned by ATK, which now owns Weaver. Weaver rifle scopes are made by LOW. These in my opinion are the best hunting scopes for the money. However, I saw a pair of Weaver binoculars that were made in China. Maybe this will change too.

Nitrex states on their web site that their binoculars and riflescopes are made in Japan. The Nitrex binoculars look OK, but they do not come in camo.

I work with a guy who uses the Leupold Cascades in 8x for bowhunting. He is super happy with his purchase saying they are much better than the Nikon Monarch ATB he compared them to.

The body of the Leupold Cascades looks much like the Swift binoculars except for the diopter system. I'll still poke around in my quest for info.
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2008 at 18:56
Originally posted by NightFighter NightFighter wrote:

Just trying to find out who are the binocular manufacturers in Japan.

Japan Binoculars manufacturers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic