OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Zealand deer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Zealand deer
    Posted: July/18/2008 at 07:54
- picture was sent from our game warden friend in New Zealand.  Shot 3 that week.   Uses a .243 (left handed yet, CT would love that).

These are a hybrid between red deer and Wapiti
- no closed season, no bag limits

Edited by Dogger - July/18/2008 at 07:54
God save the Empire!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 08:25
Good photo!!   A cross between, eh? 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 08:27
Looks like a fair amount of meat there..... NICE!!!!!!
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 08:27
That's what John says.  He's the local warden and wildlife bio guy.  Red deer kind of resemble elk to me anyway.  If I kind find them will post some pictures from out turkey hunt in January,
God save the Empire!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 08:28
Looking forward to that...

Cyborg
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 09:50
The Red Stag deer have awesome antleres and look a lot like an elk and are about 2/3 as big as an elk quite a bit larger than a white tail.  I had a friend in Texas who had a lot of them on his ranch  near New Braunfels.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - July/18/2008 at 09:52

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 09:52

OH MAN!!   He looks really amazing!!!  

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 10:04
They are exceptional animals.  The southern Kiwi's love to hunt pigs as well.

- not in the bars Ed, in the field!
God save the Empire!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 10:48
I heard there are lots of volcanic HOLES throughout New Zealand and hard to see in the brush and vegetation.  One could fall into one and fall for two hundred feet or more!  A hazard for hunters.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 11:08
Wow Wes,
That thing is awesome,  that mount wouldn't fit over my fireplace.  I'd have to cut a hole in the sheet rock for it.  Aw, who am I kidding momma would send it to the basement or the Garage.  If I were to move her Monet, I would be moving too.   LOL
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 11:33
 Beautiful Rack !  Have learned about many species of game on here I never knew existed .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2008 at 12:24
For sure merc - some of those girls are really built.  Oops sorry, thought you were talkin' about one of 8shots pictures.
God save the Empire!
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2008 at 02:40
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

For sure merc - some of those girls are really built.  Oops sorry, thought you were talkin' about one of 8shots pictures.

Just as I was enjoying this thread with great pictures, I got sidewinded.....
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2008 at 06:20
Nice pics guys. Thanks for sharing, it gives some of us something to dream about. Excellent

Cyborg
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2008 at 07:11
What is the gun ownership situation like in New Zealand?  I had been of the opinion that one's firearms had to be housed at the local police station and that one picked them up when he wanted to use them.....is this true or false??    Dogger???  
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2008 at 07:37
False Ed.  Very much like our situation in Canada (that should have made your skin prickle).

Need to take a short safety course and than apply for a fireams acquisition permit.  After that carry on.  Long guns no issue, no limit to number.  There are magazine capacity rules same as here based on action type (you know the old - bad gun Vs good gun nonsense).  I am not sure of their "safe storage rules".  Here they basically have to be under lock and key when unattended - ammo separate.
God save the Empire!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2008 at 07:45
.....well, I'm trying to sort out countries....that will be better than the United States of OBAMA.      WARNING WILL ROBINSON!    WARNING!     WARNING! 
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2008 at 07:50
If the balloon goes up Ed, you can always come up here.  I have a special place all picked out for you.

- hey, bring cyborg with you.  It'll be a party!

I was being rude, didn't mean to exclude anyone.  You may as well all come, no one up here believes me when I talk about you guys (highly I might add).  They keep humming Foggy Morning Breakdown.

Edited by Dogger - July/22/2008 at 08:15
God save the Empire!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2008 at 08:12
Whaddaya mean " Nobody believes you".....Don't the Canadians like us folks??   We like YOU [DELETED by SWFA]  folks. Why, I was up in Ontario last summer and it was just like .....umm......"normal"....Bucky  (........except for those Quebec-ies speeding there asses off and passing everybody on the highway that was only doing 75 mph.)   

Good food. The Old Town in Ottawa was simply TERRIFIC.  Why I spent $14 Canadian in a parking meter to eat at a restaurant!!  ( You don't want to know what the BILL was!!--- along the Rideau Canal........Yikes...Holy &^%$#@9 Crap!)  [ I once had a TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT whose RENT was less than that......I ain't kidding!!!] 
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2008 at 08:19
We love you guys!  Longest undefended border in the world, you don't see that anywhere else.

It's just that when I mention I know Ed, they usually start to back away.  The boys in the camp are an exception, they really want to meet you.  Keep talkin about bear baiting and stuff!
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic